Defensive First Fire

Paul Saunders

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Guys,

This came up in a recent VASL game. I thought it was obvious but now I'm not so sure.

A squad and leader assault move from one foxhole to another. They are fired on upon during the first expenditure of a MF as they leave the first foxhole, by a tank. The tank fires the coax and bmg and pins the leader. Can the same tank then fire its MA at the same target based upon the units only having expended the single MF?

My initial thought was yes, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks

Paul

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Paul Saunders said:
Guys,

This came up in a recent VASL game. I thought it was obvious but now I'm not so sure.

A squad and leader assault move from one foxhole to another. They are fired on upon during the first expenditure of a MF as they leave the first foxhole, by a tank. The tank fires the coax and bmg and pins the leader. Can the same tank then fire its MA at the same target based upon the units only having expended the single MF?

Thanks

Paul
Yes the tank may fire. SMC is pinned therefore cannot apply leadership drm, and no FFMO on him if the foxhole is in the open. The MMC gets the FFMO applied to the MA to hit if applicable.

Neuralman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul Saunders said:
Guys,
Paul
I believe we are to treat the MA and SA of a vehicle as separate units, like two MGs in different FGs. Both may fire at the target but no more often than the number of MFs the target spent in a Location.