Defensive Fire

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played SL many years back and now that the Start kit is available for ASL, Ive decided to get back into the hobby. I noticed one of the main differences between SL and ASL is how Defensive Fire is handled. Was hoping someone could help out with the following;

---Can a unit Defensive First Fire and Subsequent First Fire at the same target in the same location if the target expended 2 MF entering the hex (building) and there are no closer targets (SFF)?
---Does the above hold true for FPF? If a unit moves adjacent to a defender (the defender is under Final Fire Marker) can the defender use FPF twice if the unit expended 2 MF (building) moving into the adjacent hex?
---If a unit moves adjacent to a defender (the defender is currently not under any marker; ie First Fire or Final Fire), what are the defenders options? Am I correct that the defender can Defensive First Fire at the unit, and then Subsequent Fire at the unit if it expended 2MF (building) moving into the hex? If that is the case, can the defender FPF if it has already DFF and SFF and the unit only expended 2 MF (building)?
---If a wounded leader rallies, is the wounded marker removed?

Thanks for assistace, I'm sure I'll have more questions...

Jesse

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) Yes, assuming the firing unit doesn't Cower on the Def 1st Fire shot.

2) Yes.

3) Def 1st Fire, SFF, & FPF are MF-dependent; i.e. if the defending unit is not marked as having fired and an enemy unit moves adjacent to it using 2 MF, it may only Def 1st Fire (on the 1st MF), then SFF (on the 2nd); FPF may not be attempted in this case because only 2MF were expended & a unit must be marked Final Fired to be eligible to use FPF.

4) No; once Wounded, a Leader remains Wounded for the duration of the scenario.