Defending the Lillypad

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alright, here's a question for y'all:

I've been working on a USMC variant of this scenario, with the battle starting just post-capture for the airfield. There are recon and sniper teams in a perimeter, with roughly 2 platoons of infantry divided amongst the major structures of the airfield.

The enemy dispositions are all around the airfield in different levels of garrison/patrol.

My problem is, I need my "planeloads" to spawn on top of the airfield itself, not remotely on an edge of the map. Is this possible?

Also, how do you create reinforcement schedules in custom scenarios, I'm having a little trouble figuring it out.

JohnfMonahan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To spawn the planeloads you can import an OOB. Enable umpire tools. Place them on the empty map and then export them. When you import them have them appear 'On Map". You can't schedule reinforcements in V4.

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can I do that on a game in progress?

What I need to do for realism is to have the game start just post capture, with very little in infantry assets availible, followed by the following additions on this schedule:

1m-1 Bradley and 120 troops.
10m-6 humvees (different armament types)
15m-1 Bradley and 120 troops
20m-6 humvees
30m-6 humvees
31m-1 Bradley and 120 troops
40m-2 LAVs
45m-2 A/D humvees and 2 5 ton trucks
50m-2 LAVs
60m-2 LAVs
61m-2 humvees and 2x 105 towed arty

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can I do that on a game in progress?

What I need to do for realism is to have the game start just post capture, with very little in infantry assets availible, followed by the following additions on this schedule:

1m-1 Bradley and 120 troops.
10m-6 humvees (different armament types)
15m-1 Bradley and 120 troops
20m-6 humvees
30m-6 humvees
31m-1 Bradley and 120 troops
40m-2 LAVs
45m-2 A/D humvees and 2 5 ton trucks
50m-2 LAVs
60m-2 LAVs
61m-2 humvees and 2x 105 towed arty
You can do that in a CPX thru the Umpire or hot-seat mode on one PC.
If you use a factory scenario and enable umpire tools you can import the next planeload in solitare mode just as John described above.
John's right, there is no automated way to do this in version 4.

Another approach I was considering is to roll the dice before the game to see how many planeloads have landed before STARTEX.

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good idea on the dice thing, but for a CPX I think it can be taken a bit farther.

It takes 15 minutes to unload a C17, hence the 15 minute spread in my schedule. However, you can do air delivery of cargo directly onto a long taxiway, hence a second 10 mike interval schedule (figuring 2 taxiways for drops, and 20 minutes to break chains and get the gear off the taxiway).

Now to the dice:

Before each planeload lands/drops, the umpire does the following dice rolls.

every AAA asset within a 3000 meter radius of the end of the runway gets a free shot at the C-17. For guns a 6 counts, for missiles a 5 or 6 counts. The C-17 gets 4 saving throws. On a 1 for 3 throws, a weapon misses. On the fourth throw, a miss is achieved on a 1 or 2. If there is still 1 hit, the bird does a flyover, and resets for a landing in 10m. If there are 2 hits, the plane goes down.