Deep Frigid Stream and CX

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Searched but could not find what I was looking for so turn to the Hive Mind for an consensus
20.43 DEEP: If a stream is deep, Infantry/Cavalry enter at a cost of four MF and become CX [EXC: broken/Berserk units] (A4.72 would apply to an advance entry)—regardless of whether the move is through a stream hexside or not, or whether the unit was previously CX or not.
Question: 1 if a unit declares Double time and then marked CX it appears that it can enter the Deep Stream "whether the unit was previously CX or not". Would the unit still get the extra 2MP for declaring Double Time.

Question 2: What does an 8-3-8 unit (with a ELR of 5) get replaced with? If Infantry/Cavalry units enter a frigid Water Obstacle without a bridge they are Replaced by the next lower Class unit or Disrupted as per A19.12-.13 or Casualty Reduced if incapable of both Replacement and Disruption

Would the 8-3-8 just become two unbroken half squads?
When other units get replaced with a lower class unit they do not break

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) My initial answer was stupid. Somehow I read it as the unit was already CX and thus thinking couldn't declare DT if already CX.

2) You are correct on 2 HS.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think a unit using Double Time can enter a Deep stream - I see no restriction on that in B20.43 nor in A4.5. As long as Double Time is declare before entering the Deep stream.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As long as you declare Double Time before entering the stream you will get the extra 2MF (or 1MF for late DT).