Decisive Action and Decisive Action Brigade Level

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There has been no updates to the civilian version of DA for several years. I went to Decisive-Point (Jim Lunsford, the designer of DA website) and sent an inquiry if DA Brigade Level will be released to the public. Also asked Scott at HPS. If I get a response, I will post if here.

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reply from Jim Lunsford:

Decisive Action Brigade Level (DABL), like most of my serious games, will probably never be published by HPS because the military's requirements, while optimizing the game for use in the military classroom, significantly detract from the qualities of a good commercial wargame. I really wish I could get dual use out of the games. However, to convert the current games for successful commercial release would probably take more time than to start fresh and make a new version of the game.

Having said that, I have been recently thinking about developing a new version of Decisive Action for commercial publication. However, at this time, I am working on a fun project that I hope I can get to HPS before Christmas.

Thanks for your interest in my games!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
There are some changes that could be made to DA that would help generate enthusiasm among wargamers. I've listed some of those things here in the past and I hope someday to see a Decisive Action 2 geared toward wargamers.

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Jim Lunsford's response to my inquiry, there is some hope for a new DA in the future.