Deciphering A21.2

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can a Friendly Crew attempt capture (as a method of re-crewing it) of a Friendly Abandoned AFV in CC when there are no enemy units in the Location?

Seth

Last edited:

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have to enter the vehicle per D5.42. This will usually take long, but that is ASL.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking for clarification since the abandoned Friendly AFV can be "captured" by a Friendly Infantry unit if there is an enemy Infantry unit in the Location. There is a somewhat cryptic old Q & A that suggests that it can still be done if no enemy unit is present as well.

Seth

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A21.2 & D5.42
1). Friendly Infantry in the same Location as an Abanoned enemy vehicle are not
in a CC Location if no other enemy units are present (because an Abandoned vehicle is not a
Unit because it is incapable of movement (Index)). So said Friendly Infantry may not
Capture the AFV using A21.2 mechanics because said Infantry is not in a CC Location. Yes?
A. No. Read the sentence right before that. An Abandoned enemy AFV may be automatically
captured at the end of the CCPh, regardless of being in a “CC Location” or not.

2). May a Friendly AFV be Crewed this way?
A. No, unless actually in CC.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yup, there it is. I found that Q & A but in the long list of answers jammed together (at least in the version I was reading) I missed the second one.

Seth