Death To Fascism (DTF) Scenario Pack 2018 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Death To Fascism (DTF) ASL Scenario Pack

2018 Product Release Announcement

Since their entry into ASL Scenario Design with the publication of “Sting of the Italian Hornet” by Friendly Fire in 2008, the Swiss/Dutch design duo of Chris Mazzei and Peter Struijf has published a total of 25 scenarios.

Friendly Fire (of the Golden Helicopter) published the vast majority (18), namely:

FrF 29 Sting of the Italian Hornet; FrF 39 No Country For Old Men; FrF 40 Sporck’s Eleven; FrF 46 Dutch Courage; FrF 48 Bad Moon Rising; FrF 49 One Last Mighty Hew; FrF 51 Bite of the Bassotto; FrF 54 KNIL Before The Emperor; FrF 55 Forsthaus Clash; FrF 57 Warsaw In Flames; FrF 65 War Ensemble; FrF 67 Collecchio; FrF 73 Sledgehammers; FrF 80 Breaking Bad; FrF 82 Riders On The Storm; FrF 86 Belgian Tigers; FrF 89 Red Tears Shed On Gray and FrF 91 Moonlight Drive.

The remaining 7 scenarios (not counting BOF 8, a reprint of Italian Hornet) were published by MMP:

AP 63 The Nutcracker; J 129 Mountain Hunters; J 147 Into The Grinding Mill; J 157 Rage Against The Machine; J 168 Katyusha’s Embrace; J 170 Red Churchills and J 187 In Deadly Combat.

Over the past 10 years, Peter and Chris have valued the tremendous encouragement and appreciation received from across the ASL community. There is no greater reward for scenario designers than to see their work - consistently – build up good ROAR stats, get regular play on VASL including its Leagues, selected for scenario lists at major tournaments, and discussed (sometimes frantically ) on various ASL internet forums.

To celebrate their 10 years and 25 scenarios since the start of their collaboration, Peter Struijf and Chris Mazzei will publish their own (independent) scenario pack with 8 medium-sized tournament scenarios.

The title of the product will be “Death To Fascism” (DTF) and its official release will take place at ASL Oktoberfest XXXIII (30 September 2018) in Cleveland, Ohio.

ALL scenarios in the Pack will use a set of DTF special rules, which (mainly) provide a minimum level of Fog of War and OB variability.

Work on all 8 scenarios is progressing well, including play-testing at a top secret location in a neutral country.

Should you wish any further information.....watch this space over the coming months.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe someone with adequate "user priviliges" would be willing to post this to the Product Announcements sub-section ?

I was obviously not eligible.....

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
When i see the list of published scenarios, i cannot fail to remember the very high percentage of excellent designs in it.

It is then with high interest that i learn about that release. ASLOK 2018 will no doubt benefit from the release.

One question: will you continue to design for other publications or solely independently from now on?

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Death To Fascism (DTF) ASL Scenario Pack

2018 Product Release Announcement

Since their entry into ASL Scenario Design with the publication of “Sting of the Italian Hornet” by Friendly Fire in 2008, the Swiss/Dutch design duo of Chris Mazzei and Peter Struijf has published a total of 25 scenarios.

Friendly Fire (of the Golden Helicopter) published the vast majority (18), namely:

FrF 29 Sting of the Italian Hornet; FrF 39 No Country For Old Men; FrF 40 Sporck’s Eleven; FrF 46 Dutch Courage; FrF 48 Bad Moon Rising; FrF 49 One Last Mighty Hew; FrF 51 Bite of the Bassotto; FrF 54 KNIL Before The Emperor; FrF 55 Forsthaus Clash; FrF 57 Warsaw In Flames; FrF 65 War Ensemble; FrF 67 Collecchio; FrF 73 Sledgehammers; FrF 80 Breaking Bad; FrF 82 Riders On The Storm; FrF 86 Belgian Tigers; FrF 89 Red Tears Shed On Gray and FrF 91 Moonlight Drive.

The remaining 7 scenarios (not counting BOF 8, a reprint of Italian Hornet) were published by MMP:

AP 63 The Nutcracker; J 129 Mountain Hunters; J 147 Into The Grinding Mill; J 157 Rage Against The Machine; J 168 Katyusha’s Embrace; J 170 Red Churchills and J 187 In Deadly Combat.

Over the past 10 years, Peter and Chris have valued the tremendous encouragement and appreciation received from across the ASL community. There is no greater reward for scenario designers than to see their work - consistently – build up good ROAR stats, get regular play on VASL including its Leagues, selected for scenario lists at major tournaments, and discussed (sometimes frantically ) on various ASL internet forums.

To celebrate their 10 years and 25 scenarios since the start of their collaboration, Peter Struijf and Chris Mazzei will publish their own (independent) scenario pack with 8 medium-sized tournament scenarios.

The title of the product will be “Death To Fascism” (DTF) and its official release will take place at ASL Oktoberfest XXXIII (30 September 2018) in Cleveland, Ohio.

ALL scenarios in the Pack will use a set of DTF special rules, which (mainly) provide a minimum level of Fog of War and OB variability.

Work on all 8 scenarios is progressing well, including play-testing at a top secret location in a neutral country.

Should you wish any further information.....watch this space over the coming months.
That is a pretty fine list of scenarios! You two should be proud. And I look forward to the release of the new product.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When i see the list of published scenarios, i cannot fail to remember the very high percentage of excellent designs in it.

It is then with high interest that i learn about that release. ASLOK 2018 will no doubt benefit from the release.

One question: will you continue to design for other publications or solely independently from now on?
Thanks for your kind words Mr T.

To answer your question: we will probably not be able to design for MMP and FrF over the next 9 months (although we do have a design in with MMP for their "Chapter E Pack"), but we expect to return to those quality and supportive publishers after this project is completed.

A future follow up (DTF-2) would completely depend on our appetite and creative energy in the years to come - committing to 8 scenarios up to our own standards is certainly not something we can do every 12 months. Friendly Fire is the example that reputation is built on quality, not quantity.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Peter/ Chris
Congrats to your plans to design/produce/publish a scenario pack.
Looking forward to receive my copy at ASLOK 18

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just a brief update....

Melchior van Rijn, the artist who did all the amazing artwork for my Krakow 1325AD boardgame, has agreed to do the cover artwork for Death To Fascism !

Inspiration drawn from Soviet era anti-fascism propaganda posters, obviously.....

Playtesting is progressing well.....as follows:

1 scenario is completed (Hungary 1945)

1 scenario (Poland 1944) is in external playtest phase (secret testing facility somewhere in Europe)

1 scenario (Crimea 1944) is in final internal playtest stage

4 scenarios (France 1940, Java 1942, Germany 1945, Chinese Civil War) have gone through initial internal playtesting

1 scenario (Eritrea 1940) is in design stage (not yet playtested)

DTF Special Rules have been thoroughly developed and are in external proofing.

Chris Mazzei is travelling to Canada in January for a Playtest-filled week....including three days in secluded cottage mode.....

Will keep you all posted once in a while !

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is a spider. It has grown a little moustache...these mutations happen all the time.....sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.
Ah, the eye-sight is going in my old age! I had to zoom in to see the little "grofaz" head. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the pack.

Bill

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally, I would stay away from any art work that has a swastika on it, be it anti propaganda or what ever. Anyway, look forward to your pack.

Scott
He could consider replacing that image with the photo of Mussolini and his mistress hanging from the streetlight. Same message, and for some people, less offensive than an inanimate symbol.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
He could consider replacing that image with the photo of Mussolini and his mistress hanging from the streetlight. Same message, and for some people, less offensive than an inanimate symbol.
There will always be someone offended by any expression of art, science, philosophy or world view.

It is in the way humans raise their babies. They cry for attention and get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.