"Death to Facism" pack question.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As possible consumer of your product, the snark I dont think is a good selling point for your scenarios. I asked because many of your scenario designs have odd board coordinates or weird set up instructions, so I was just curious as to how many of the DTF scenarios may reflect those particular nuances.

They will be almost unplayable. A total waste of time and money. Guaranteed.

Some even state that the defender sets up "anywhere". Disgusting.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
because many of your scenario designs have odd board coordinates or weird set up instructions.
Just curious if you can define what exactly you mean?

I am seeing things like:

set up within 7 hexes of I11
set up on/between hexrow E and H
set up concealed on/east of hexrow D
set up on/west of hexrow C
set up concealed on/north of hexrow I on Board FrFA and/or hexrow Y on Board 4
set up on/south of hexrow F on Board FrFA and/or hexrow BB on Board 4
set up on/south of Hex Grain FrFA T0-62P4 (concealed if in Concealment Terrain)
set up on/west of hexrow DD
set up on/south of hexrow X
set up concealed on Board q in hexes numbered <= 4 and/or anywhere on Board 53
set up on overlay Sd2
set up on hexrow B on/between tB6-4B5
set up in concealment terrain at ground level in hexes numbered >= 8
set up in Motion on Board 23 in hexes numbered <=5

I don't see anything odd or weird about these.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As possible consumer of your product, the snark I dont think is a good selling point for your scenarios. I asked because many of your scenario designs have odd board coordinates or weird set up instructions, so I was just curious as to how many of the DTF scenarios may reflect those particular nuances.
Can you give a few examples of scenarios Chris and I designed which have odd board coordinates or weird setup instructions?

The only thing we do with some regularity is to NOT stick to the standard A-P or R-GG half-boards. Partly because an extra 6 or 8 hexrows can make for a more balanced or interesting board layout. It is also easy because we do almost all our playtesting on VASL, we just crop where we like. We have used this regularly in DTF scenarios.

I do not think this can be any issue for players, who can easily use some kind of paper to cover or plexiglass to make clear which hexrows are in play, when playing on real cardboard.

As for weird setup instructions....I do not know any example of such.

I can say that part of our design philosophy or ambition is to make setup complex and challenging (with many options to consider).

We will never tell you to put 3 squads in this little setup area; the tank on that hill; and the HIP unit somewhere in a woods hex at the back.

That is not what we enjoy playing and that is not what we want to offer to other players.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Much better to use only the best Prime real estate, your warriors only deserve the best!

Only boards 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79 and 83. A total of 23 to choose from, itself prime.

Note that 1 is considered neither prime nor composite, but in a category of its own a "unit". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_number#Primality_of_one Board 1 is also one I am sick of.

If you want the Perfect board then you only have 6 or 28, the next one, 496 will be out on Monday, the [redacted].

Last edited:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yeah but if you want Prime but don't like Odd, you'll end up always using the same board.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Elements of the 13th US Cavalry Regiment set up over there by them trees.

Elements of the 76 Volksgrenadier Battalion set up where you like as long as it's not by those trees over yonder, ok?

Reinforcing elements of super heavy SS tank brigade enter CE with your TCA facing per a dr 1-3 left 4-6 right, expending three quarters of your MP off board and not expending more than 1/8 on a dirt road or 1/16 in any OG hex prior to turn 3, unless FF at from 1/2 your BMG range or 2/3 your TMG range which ever is greater.