DC position DRMs vs bypassing AFV (C7.346, A23.5)

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
A23.5: "A DC Placed/Thrown from within the same hex attacks the Rear Target Facing of an AFV."

If the defender throws a DC at an bypassing AFV, does the Position DR (C7.346) get the -1 "Placed/Thrown through hull rear Target Facing" in addition to the -2 "Vehicle target is in Bypass in same hex as Placing/Throwing unit"?

I know the DC attacks the rear i.e. TK+1 vs side armor, but for the Position DR purposes was it also thrown through that facing?

Sorry for being pedantic. :p

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I believe the attack includes all DRs necessary, i.e. it includes both the Position and the TK DRs, similar to a TH and TK DR making up an ordnance attack. Just my guess, however. The rules don't have an explicit statement. Per a Q&A the placement DR is made in the fire phase the DC attacks in, and not in the MPh it was placed, so that makes it seem more like part of the attack.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If the defender throws a DC at an bypassing AFV, does the Position DR (C7.346) get the -1 "Placed/Thrown through hull rear Target Facing" in addition to the -2 "Vehicle target is in Bypass in same hex as Placing/Throwing unit"?
Feel free to send a Q&A as it is not clear imo.