DC breaching question

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the attack against the wall is at full FP, +3 for TEM; the attack against the units on the other side is halved (12), quartered if concealed (6).

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'd say common sense tells me that an Interior Factory Wall is (at least) +3 TEM in this context.
I just want to read it in the rules.

With that said, I say Stavka is correct.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes we are using +3 until we got an consolidated opinion from the forum - our only question then would be if one or both of the hexes either side of the breach are fortified would additional +1 for each fortified location be applicable - we are currently playing only counting an additional +1 to the breaching attempt if the hex on the other side of the wall where the breaching is taking place is fortified.

we are not adding a further +1 if the hex the breaching unit is on is fortified as we would assume that when setting the charge for the breach the wall would have been cleared of any additional fortification.

Once breached we also add +1 to the TEM area attack on any defending units in the breached hex if that hex is fortified.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Found a reference to TEM if fortified buildings that are subject to breach - rule B23.921 states the TEM of a fortified building (inc dc breach attempt) is one greater than normal eg. +4

so that clears that up for us just thought I would note on the forum to close off the original questions with a rule ref

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found a reference to TEM if fortified buildings that are subject to breach - rule B23.921 states the TEM of a fortified building (inc dc breach attempt) is one greater than normal eg. +4

so that clears that up for us just thought I would note on the forum to close off the original questions with a rule ref
I am not sure that resolves the question when the fortified hex Location is a Factory hex because "normal" in that circumstance, if the attack comes from another Factory Location, is +1. Note that "e.g." means "for example" so in cases other than a stone building (but not a wooden building), e.g., a Stone building which is a Factory, the answer might not be +4.

Probably not of course given the weight of opinion reflected here, but it is within the realm of possibility (IMO) -- until Perry Sez otherwise.