DB92 The streets of Kharkov .... too narrows? (VBM)

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Dear all, I need once more your support.
In the DB92 scenario (a nice one I have to say) together with my ASLmate we found a difficult question to answer. Long story short, the possibility for an AFV (in the image the counter size is reduced) to bypass two hex-spines. See here below the image.
1544136941799.png

The thank is trying to bypass the building in hex V2 through the V2/W3 side, than change the VCA (vertex V2/W3/W2) and continue the baypass on the hex spine V2/W2 (always in the V2 hex). Being abroad (I might have the chance to visit the LASL gathering on Saturday!!!!!) we are not able to check on the 45 hard paper map, and we need to make our opinion on VASL.
Here the questions for you:
a)may the AFV proceed into VBM on hex V2 through hex spine V2/W3 (supposedly it has enough MF points)?
b)may the AFV proceed with VBM in hex V2 through hex spine V2/W2 (supposedly it has enough MF points)?
c)It is correct to imply that during such movement the AFV will not be affected by the FFE in hexes W2 and/or W3?
In case of disputes, we can roll the DR as indicated by the rules, but I wonder if anyone out there could give us a better answer and, hopefully a good idea to use for potential future similar situations. Thanks

Maurizio

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dear all, I need once more your support.
In the DB92 scenario (a nice one I have to say) together with my ASLmate we found a difficult question to answer. Long story short, the possibility for an AFV (in the image the counter size is reduced) to bypass two hex-spines. See here below the image.
View attachment 6395

The thank is trying to bypass the building in hex V2 through the V2/W3 side, than change the VCA (vertex V2/W3/W2) and continue the baypass on the hex spine V2/W2 (always in the V2 hex). Being abroad (I might have the chance to visit the LASL gathering on Saturday!!!!!) we are not able to check on the 45 hard paper map, and we need to make our opinion on VASL.
Here the questions for you:
a)may the AFV proceed into VBM on hex V2 through hex spine V2/W3 (supposedly it has enough MF points)?
b)may the AFV proceed with VBM in hex V2 through hex spine V2/W2 (supposedly it has enough MF points)?
c)It is correct to imply that during such movement the AFV will not be affected by the FFE in hexes W2 and/or W3?
In case of disputes, we can roll the DR as indicated by the rules, but I wonder if anyone out there could give us a better answer and, hopefully a good idea to use for potential future similar situations. Thanks

Maurizio
Looks awful good to me. There is a VBM tool in VASL (draggable overlay - can't remember if it's a separate extension or inherent with a version of vasl though).

[EDIT] Yes if you continue to bypass in V2 you will not be effected by the OBA. Remember you are actually in the V2 hex (for the most part [EXC: Flame/Blaze Spread in which case you actually straddle the hexside but still are not effected directly by circumstances outside of V2]).

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It would depend on how you agree to resolve such issues, i.e. what you use as a "standard." On the vasl map I would say both are bypassable. On my board 45 old-style printed map, V2-W2 is bypassable and I think V2-W3 is bypassable but only just because of the wall. On my ASLSK-style boards both are bypassable.

Because the unit is in V2, it is not attacked by FFE in W2 or W3.

JR

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, this weekend we will proceed with the battle. Ciao