DB147 Bandits and Bolsheviks and AP142 The Closer

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I clearly need more help proofing these Dispatches scenarios!

I see what Bill and Paul are pointing out....I needed to actually call out the ELR:2 in the SSR.

And an apology is also in order to my friend Richie....you were right.

Tom
Tom,

The only reason that I know anything about this subject is because both Perry and Klas schooled me on the same issue during the development of Festung Budapest. ?

A couple things. Both JR Tracy and I thought the scenario was a great concept. My take is that it is currently pro-Russian. I think that there are a number of potential easy fixes involving removing/adding a squad or two and some Concealment counters. The really nice thing is that since Vic uses electronic distribution of Dispatches, maybe you guys could distribute an updated/revised version of the scenario to subscribers. IMO, the scenario is way too much fun not to see a revised version in circulation.

All the best.

Bill

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"My AFV went through the stream where the Tiger bogged twice before the sniper recalled it. It never fired a shot! Luckily his half-squad rider battle-hardened and created a hero when the turret spun in the adv fire phase. That hero and a hero from another squad were key players in soaking up a lot of fire and harassing repositioning canucks."

I am sure PRC are immune to Heat of Battle, so none of that should have happened.

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Peter, interesting question! When riders bailout and take their bailout morale check, are they still riders or are they then considered infantry?

Since Klaus is apparently sleeping (or is using some excuse for not replying instantly after midnight in Europe ?), I looked up the rule for myself. In D6.24 it refers to the unit bailing out as 'the rider'. Seems pretty clear I hosed you on that John. Good catch Peter.

Paul

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think the dice hosed me. I had at least 5 chances of 30% or more to kill one last tank (or have mine survive) to win the scenario.

Another rare to play rule that I had not known.