DB122 Prescription For Kommissar

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Fanatic TW and I played DB122 Prescription For The Kommissar. It is always tough fighting in Stalingrad. This scenario is in Round 2 of the Noreaster Tournament this year. ROAR has this one at 5:5. We diced for sided and I got the germans. It seemed a bit big for tourney: might want to get an early start

Played on a small section of the Red Barricades map there is high counter density. Took a bit to set it up with bits of the two maps and some modified terrain: shell holes, rubble, and trenches.

There are setup restrictions for the 30 defending Russian squads, many in Fortified Fanatic building locations vs equally restricted 14 german assault engineers, 9 elite, and 7 1st line squads

Both sides get heaps of SW. The germans get 2 HMG's, 2 MMG's, 2 FT, 6 DC's, 6 LMG's, and 4 StuG33B (150). Russians get 2 HMG's 5 MMG's, 5 LMG's, 2 MOL-P, and 2 82mm MTR's

VC are VP for building/trench/rubble control

Ted's poor Russians in Fortified Fanatic locations still could not stand up against heavy german firepower. germans had good luck breaching fortified locations and in CC. Russians conceded around turn 5. His guys just could not pass moral checks

We had a fun playing. It is good to see scenarios still being designed for the RB map. I like the germans in this one but I would happily play either side. No matter the Russian terrain advantage: the germans have a lot of firepower! But, had Ted had better luck with the MC's I would be crying in my beer

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fanatic TW and I played DB122 Prescription For The Kommissar. It is always tough fighting in Stalingrad. This scenario is in Round 2 of the Noreaster Tournament this year. ROAR has this one at 5:5. We diced for sided and I got the germans. It seemed a bit big for tourney: might want to get an early start

Played on a small section of the Red Barricades map there is high counter density. Took a bit to set it up with bits of the two maps and some modified terrain: shell holes, rubble, and trenches.

There are setup restrictions for the 30 defending Russian squads, many in Fortified Fanatic building locations vs equally restricted 14 german assault engineers, 9 elite, and 7 1st line squads

Both sides get heaps of SW. The germans get 2 HMG's, 2 MMG's, 2 FT, 6 DC's, 6 LMG's, and 4 StuG33B (150). Russians get 2 HMG's 5 MMG's, 5 LMG's, 2 MOL-P, and 2 82mm MTR's

VC are VP for building/trench/rubble control

Ted's poor Russians in Fortified Fanatic locations still could not stand up against heavy german firepower. germans had good luck breaching fortified locations and in CC. Russians conceded around turn 5. His guys just could not pass moral checks

We had a fun playing. It is good to see scenarios still being designed for the RB map. I like the germans in this one but I would happily play either side. No matter the Russian terrain advantage: the germans have a lot of firepower! But, had Ted had better luck with the MC's I would be crying in my beer
Hi guys. Thanks for the AAR. It was put in the night round to allow players who wished to, a chance to go to the wee hours. That said, did you come away feeling that the "attrition shrinkage" is insufficient for this to get played in a timely manner? Thanks, Carl.

FanaticTW

World Famous in Maine
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys. Thanks for the AAR. It was put in the night round to allow players who wished to, a chance to go to the wee hours. That said, did you come away feeling that the "attrition shrinkage" is insufficient for this to get played in a timely manner? Thanks, Carl.
Yeah... I think so. The heavy lifting is all in the pre game ... once it’s going it moves pretty fast, ad in HTH CC and casualties can add up quick. I’d still probably want an early start....

Last edited:

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
certainly doable & enjoyable. we just thought it might run long for some folks is all. yes, there were some HIGH casualties. setting up in contact and 6.5 turns to blaze away: it was Stalingrad at its best

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, I will leave it in. Typically, I do toss a big sucker or two in with the night rounds, for those who don't mind a late night or two at the tourney. If they do, there are the other 4 choices and both sides have to pick a scenario for it to stay in, so yeah. She's a keeper.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Povey and I played this and absolutely loved it. Definitely keep in the Nor'easter XXII list. But I would recommend players doing a setup for it ahead of time to speed things up. But like Ted and Keith say, once you start playing it moves pretty quick.