Database Fix/Adjustment Thread (PLEASE STICKY!)

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, just because Pat's off the net doesn't mean you can't post, ask questions, or just rant about something.

Anywho, I'm working on a data update for AATF. I have adjusted the dismount size vales (I'm sure there are STILL people who will have issues, but that's okay), some scenario changes, and I'm also adjusting some values for the larger missiles such as the Hellfire to make them more effective, as well as scrubbing both DB's for unrealistic values.

Now's the time to get adjustments to things in the database! Please post the change and your reasoning behind it in this thread, and I'll do my best to make it happen within the constraints of the game.

Curt

meade95

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear this - Do you have an apprx ETA for when you will release the updated DBs?

The Anaconda DB (IMO) was completely off the mark - From kill % (odds) for numerous weapons to some slightly other (minor in degree) ways. Regarding the loadouts of Mako 31 and the two other SOF units.......There was also an armed Predator (JSOC) that did fire on targets during OP Anaconda.

I do like that you are adjusting / updating the size values, along with upgrading the hellfire.......(Check into the notion of getting hellfires to fire from a Predator.....I have not had this happen yet....when playtesting in a new DB).

AATF is a great sim....once we get the DB's updated I plan to start up with additional scenario creation....keep up the good work.

Last edited:

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curt-
the 'wall' terrain in anc1.ttp is 500 meters high. the 'high hedge' terrain is 50 meters high. Those might be an errors :) Finally, the values for 'village', 'urban1', 'urban2' and 'urban3' are in bad orders and not correct (IMO) - for example, 'village' has a harder vision value than any of the 'urban' terrains and is 10 meters high (not many villages in Afghanistan have buildings 10 meters high - nearly all of them are single story, low mud bricks (w/ tin roofs if you are wealthly (i.e. a drug dealer)). I can help if you want more details ;)

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear this - Do you have an apprx ETA for when you will release the updated DBs?

The Anaconda DB (IMO) was completely off the mark - From kill % (odds) for numerous weapons to some slightly other (minor in degree) ways. Regarding the loadouts of Mako 31 and the two other SOF units.......There was also an armed Predator (JSOC) that did fire on targets during OP Anaconda.

I do like that you are adjusting / updating the size values, along with upgrading the hellfire.......(Check into the notion of getting hellfires to fire from a Predator.....I have not had this happen yet....when playtesting in a new DB).

AATF is a great sim....once we get the DB's updated I plan to start up with additional scenario creation....keep up the good work.
I'd be interested in what you are trying to engage with the Predator, because the Hellfire is set to only be effective against armored and soft-skin vehicles. If it was used against caves or individuals, I need to know that, because right now it won't even engage caves or dismounts.
In addition, it takes a little while to set-up the shot, so if the target or the Predator moves out of range or the UAV loses sight of the target, there's a 14 second time hack that re-initiates all over again!
This is fairly realistic, as it allows for re-identification and initiation of launch sequence.
Let me know if I'm wrong here...I can reduce the TTF (Time To Fire) to 4 seconds, and that may help.

BTW, I tested my version of the MQ-9 Predator and it works fine...the problem is going to be preventing it from firing at the first target(s) it finds! So, if you want it to fire only at a BTR-60, you will have to keep it in Hold Fire until you are sure the UAV has spotted that particular vehicle!

I just changed the one predator in AFO Recon to an MQ-9, so that should be sufficient.

Last edited:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curt-
the 'wall' terrain in anc1.ttp is 500 meters high. the 'high hedge' terrain is 50 meters high. Those might be an errors :) Finally, the values for 'village', 'urban1', 'urban2' and 'urban3' are in bad orders and not correct (IMO) - for example, 'village' has a harder vision value than any of the 'urban' terrains and is 10 meters high (not many villages in Afghanistan have buildings 10 meters high - nearly all of them are single story, low mud bricks (w/ tin roofs if you are wealthly (i.e. a drug dealer)). I can help if you want more details ;)
Nope, I got it, and I agree...

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be interested in what you are trying to engage with the Predator, because the Hellfire is set to only be effective against armored and soft-skin vehicles. If it was used against caves or individuals, I need to know that, because right now it won't even engage caves or dismounts.
In addition, it takes a little while to set-up the shot, so if the target or the Predator moves out of range or the UAV loses sight of the target, there's a 14 second time hack that re-initiates all over again!
This is fairly realistic, as it allows for re-identification and initiation of launch sequence.
Let me know if I'm wrong here...I can reduce the TTF (Time To Fire) to 4 seconds, and that may help.
No, I don't think you are wrong. They are VERY careful what they shot with UAV ordance, even today let alone '01. Speaking of '01, I think that the use of Hellfires vs caves was very small, and even smaller (if any) with a UAV-fired Hellfire. It is only later, as the doctrine developed (and they got fancier anti-infantry Hellfires) that the usage increased such that it should be modeled in a game focused on realistism.

meade95

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

BTW, I tested my version of the MQ-9 Predator and it works fine...the problem is going to be preventing it from firing at the first target(s) it finds! So, if you want it to fire only at a BTR-60, you will have to keep it in Hold Fire until you are sure the UAV has spotted that particular vehicle!

I just changed the one predator in AFO Recon to an MQ-9, so that should be sufficient.
I think it was (my MQ-9 issue) was a combination of the TTF equation along with the profile of which the Predator was flying - Thanks -

Definitely looking forward to the new updated DBs / tweaks - Do you have a time frame on when these will be out?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it was (my MQ-9 issue) was a combination of the TTF equation along with the profile of which the Predator was flying - Thanks -

Definitely looking forward to the new updated DBs / tweaks - Do you have a time frame on when these will be out?
I'll release it only when Pat is back online and has a chance to approve it. If you would like a "sneak peak", let me know.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
The OPFOR BMP-3; The bow PKTs currently have no left or right limit. I feel that limits should be implemented as they are positioned front left and front right of the hull and can not have a 360 degree arc of fire.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The OPFOR BMP-3; The bow PKTs currently have no left or right limit. I feel that limits should be implemented as they are positioned front left and front right of the hull and can not have a 360 degree arc of fire.
Thanks. Actually, it most likely has an 800 to 1200 mil arc. The way it is set now, with the "Coaxial" property checked, it will only fire at something directly in front of it. Adding the expanded left and right limits would allow it to engage a broader area.

So, when you see something set to "coaxial" and the left and right limits are set at "-99", that means that the weapon can only engage targets directly in front of the hull/turret.

Adding the left and right limits give a wider range of targeting with the coaxial box checked. If there are right and left limits entered, that is the ONLY area that can be covered by that weapon, regardless of the direction the entity is pointed.

I hope that makes sense

Last edited: