DASL VASL Razzle Dazzle

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IS THIS HOW YOU LIKE YOUR DELUXE ASL MISTER EAST FRONT MAN?

Then have the Map Elves got a treat for YOU :)

Want more?

In short, the beta versions of the VASL DASL boards are available. Here:
http://home.comcast.net/~tomrepetti/DASLbdsa-h.zip

They are BETA. I tested them with several versions of VASL and they had a minor issue with the latest beta (5.9beta3) on the beta download section of the VASL website. BUT. They seem to work mostly fine with other versions (although I couldn't quite get HedgesToWalls to work right). At any rate, that's what makes them BETA. (If you do use the 5.9b3, don't check the "use Deluxe hexes" box in the Add New Board dialog - these are already embiggened!)

Still. NOW you can play Deluxe VASL the way was MEANT to be played. ON BIG FRIGGIN' HEXES. With LOTS OF PLACES TO STACK PEOPLE. BROKEN GUYS. DEAD GUYS. MALF'D GUNS. ALL THAT JAZZ. WHY AM I SHOUTING. BECAUSE THIS IS SO FRIGGIN' COOL.

The Elves went all-out this time, bringing more of the beauty of the original DASL boards to your computer screen. They offer these boards as a tribute to the original board artist, and hope these boards will be part of a DASL renaissance, brought back to life by Rodney Kinney's awesome VASL Great Clanking Honking Wonking Dingus.

Enjoy.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Weeeeelaaaaah! *

John

* If this statement is slightly confusing, please consult Life, the Universe, and Everything, Chapter 15.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
please someone give Toumo the rep points I cannot give him!

ah, but why I'm able to place stacks only in the center of the hex or along a hexside?

Last edited:

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
holy sheeeeeeee-it!!!
I may have to learn VASL now!
nice Tom, VERY NICE.
co

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ah, but why I'm able to place stacks only in the center of the hex or along a hexside?
Sublocations (extra stacking points within a hex) are one of the features of the new VASL, coming out "soon". For now, the only way to get this functionality is in the VASL beta (5.9b3, I believe), available at
http://www.vasl.org/beta

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Looks fine!
VASL is improving from day to day!

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wonderful!!!! This is what I've been wanting to see for a while now. I'm going to have to go arrange for a VASL DASL game now.... (Or maybe when it gets out of beta, either way....)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should note that the latest VASL beta allows you to DASL-ize any board, simply by checking the "Deluxe size" (or whatever it's called) checkbox in the "New Board" dialog. Supremely useful for those scenarios (koffPavlovsHousekoff) that have high counter densities. When checked, VASL takes the existing board image, blows it up, and enables sublocations. Not as pretty as doing the artwork from scratch at a larger size, but Pretty Darn Good. Seemingly mandatory for VotG or BrT scenarios.

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh man, that is sooo nice. Streets of Fire has some of my favorite scenarios in it, but it just wasn't the same playing them on VASL.

No longer!

Yip yip yip!

Thanks again, Map Elves. I'll put out extra milk and cookies for you on ASLmas this year.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
With LOTS OF PLACES TO STACK PEOPLE. BROKEN GUYS. DEAD GUYS. MALF'D GUNS. ALL THAT JAZZ. WHY AM I SHOUTING. BECAUSE THIS IS SO FRIGGIN' COOL.
OK, I have to ask: why would you want to stack Jazz on a DASL board? I can see burying him under a mountain of DASL boards since he has fallen from grace and became The Man. I guess I could see him using a stack of them as he sleeps on the cold hard ground, homeless and shiftless. -- jim

PS: Nice boards BTW. I wish I was a DASL fan.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Does it work with the HASL maps too? huh? Huh?

If it does then I'm blowing up NG for our game of Maggot hill, I can hardly see the trees for the counters.....