Dash and armoured assault

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It appears Yes you can; no exceptions that I see in neither Dash rule nor Armored Assault rule. I wonder if the AFV could theoretically then back up to the road hex once the infantry was done moving. I'd think not, but interested if others think otherwise.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
So long as the rules are properly followed, the Dash and Armored Assault rules are not incompatible. Really, it seems a realistic enough tactic for the infantry to make a dash for it behind an AFV which simultaneously moves up to provide cover.

The AFV would, of course, be limited due to the move, but would not have to follow the Infantry into their final destination.

...um... No can't be done.

Last edited:

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right, but there may be times when you want the AFV to follow, maybe pop an sD in the destination and then spin around and come back to the road.

You're the one who started it! LOL

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I wonder if the AFV could theoretically then back up to the road hex once the infantry was done moving. I'd think not, but interested if others think otherwise.
The vehicle can't move farther than the infantry could. Since they infantry can't move back into the road, neither can the AFV.

JR

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure why Armored Assault would be all that useful even if it was allowed? Just leave the AFV parked in the road and Dash the infantry through and they get the +1 from the AFV anyway (assuming it hasn't moved). ????

Seth

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure why Armored Assault would be all that useful even if it was allowed? Just leave the AFV parked in the road and Dash the infantry through and they get the +1 from the AFV anyway (assuming it hasn't moved). ????

Seth
Yup, would consume another turn to set it up.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
or drive the vehicle into said hex and attempt to pop smoke, either sD or smoke grenades.

If you have say sD5 that's a 52% chance of some smoke (sD or grenades)

sD6 is a 61% chance.

sD7 is a 72% chance.

sN8 is an 72% chance.

sN9 is an 81% chance.

Last edited: