DARE-DEATH squads in BFP-147

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Are deployed HS from those Dare Death polish squads considered Dare Death HSs?

Thanks

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Absent an exception in SSR 4, I'd say yes on the basis that a "surviving" DD HS remains a DD entity. (Nice tactic btw.) The SSR does create the prospect for DD HS following a successful Deployment attempt (or pre-game Deployment per A2.9 - Edit: incorrect, see post below), because unlike GMD, Poles may Deploy (normally). However, G18.6 is already vague wrt the impact of Guard Deployment and Temporary Crews on DD status, in so much as their are two "surviving" HS when a squad Deploys per A20.5. So I'm inclined to say yes according to the rules as written.

Whether or not Chas factored this into the design is another matter.

G18.6 DARE-DEATH SQUADS: During his pregame setup the Chinese player may designate ≤ 10% (FRU) of the squads (only) in his scenario OB as Dare-Death Squads47 by secretly recording their IDs on paper [EXC: no 5-3-7 may be so designated]. Each armed, Good Order Infantry Dare-Death Squad (or its surviving HS) that at the start of its MPh is in/ADJACENT-to a Location containing an unpinned, Good Order, friendly Personnel leader, and that is within eight MF of an enemy ground unit to which it and that leader have a LOS, may at that time go berserk voluntarily...

Last edited:

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Are deployed HS from those Dare Death polish squads considered Dare Death HSs?

Thanks
Is not an issue for squads deployed pregame under A2.9 because as per the pre-Game sequence of the ASOP, Deployment occurs prior to designating Dare-Death Squads. As per G18.6, only Squads may be designated as Dare-Death

The SSR is absent information and i don't know the designer's intent regarding what happens once the game starts and the poles are able to attempt deployment of a dare-Death squad in ASOP step 1.21A

Cheers
Jon

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Is not an issue for squads deployed pregame under A2.9 because as per the pre-Game sequence of the ASOP, Deployment occurs prior to designating Dare-Death Squads. As per G18.6, only Squads may be designated as Dare-Death

The SSR is absent information and i don't know the designer's intent regarding what happens once the game starts and the poles are able to attempt deployment of a dare-Death squad in ASOP step 1.21A

Cheers
Jon
Very interesting point, Thanks..

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good point. I overlooked the order of the pre-Game sequence.