DAR Blabbermouth (NOT FOR ELVIS or BILH)

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
C3k steps up since he senses, rightfully so, that info is leaking...

Originally Posted by c3k View Post
I will withold any advice since I'm reading both threads and I'd hate to inadvertantly reveal information. Oh, was that a hint to others? Hmmm, maybe. Maybe not.
Ah! Our ever omnipotent shutter-offer-of-info Steve....

Battlefront.com
Administrator
I think we're all being very responsible We're commenting on Elvis' behavior and the situation from Elvis' point of view. Honestly, I'm easily able to shut off my knowledge of the other side. In fact, I haven't cross referenced his spotting round impacts with Bil's forces or his stated intentions.
Fast forward to a post in BilH thread...

Old Today, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Bil,

Excellent move. About flanks, you are absolutely correct that if you have sufficient power to keep on the move and compel the enemy to pull back, then flanks are (for a period of time) not very relevant. One has to know when those conditions exist, and when those conditions change. One of our two campaigns takes place outside of Warsaw where the Soviets had, up until then, not worried about flanks too much. They switched over to worrying a tad bit too late for the point of their spear.

In your situation you're doing the right thing, IMHO. This is classic Soviet exploitation. Bust a reasonable hole in the defense and then drive every bit of metal you have to a specific objective to the rear. Since this is a QB you know the only threats to this move are in the objective area itself and from whatever forces Elvis can shift from OBJ Blue. Which you're doing a decent job of thwarting, thanks to your ISU-122s and infantry.

In real life there would be more uncertainty. Though that sort of uncertainty didn't stop the Soviets from doing this sort of thing on a regular basis

Steve
Oh, that is nice Steve. But you are sort of implying that Objective Rot is also not a threat! That is, only Objective Blau can shift forces. Way to go Steve! Who needs to cheat when you can get great info like that!

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
HI BILH!

Forum Conscript

Add as Friend Add as Friend
Send Private Message Send Private Message
Add to Ignore List Add to Ignore List
User Notes User Notes (0)
Find latest posts Find latest posts
Find latest started threads Find latest started threads
View Blog Entries
View Conversations View Conversations
Join Date 05 Aug 06
Current Activity Viewing Thread DAR Blabbermouth (NOT FOR ELVIS or BILH)

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
A video...[video=youtube;VSMfVafyO8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSMfVafyO8w[/video]