Status
Not open for further replies.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
I see there will be a couple Vickers 6 ton Tanks in the new SK expansion Pack #2. I wonder if they will use the older Chinese type AF or change to the newer Polish numbers?
I think it may be a strait reprint of the AF numbers used in Yanks.
Dave
I just found this thread after a search I tried upon finding the Chinese/Polish Vickers 6 ton armor discrepancies myself. What seems interesting to me is that the values are not just different but, in a sense 'flipped' - the Chinese/Bulgarian version has the turret superior to the hull, while the Polish/Finnish version has the hull superior to the turret.

Maybe I'm overthinking this but to me this suggests there might be a difference in source material rather than just a difference in rounding error between the two, and I'd be hesitant to believe the (original) Chinese version is wrong just because it was published earlier (or, confusingly, later - my Bulgarian Chapter H is from the 2nd AoO printing...)

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
BFP in B & J for the Thai one went with inferior turret armor.
I have been told that there such a small difference in the numbers are that it's a hard call. In talking with Paul he said there isn't much out there in print on the Vicker's 6 ton.
If you find something I would be interested in hearing about it.
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vickers discussion:
The discrepancy was most likely due to different designers at different times for the core modules without cross referencing. Additionally yes, numbers very close. This caused some challenges when we did B & J. IIRC we disregarded the "system" and went with the numbers we found.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Can you believe I started this thread 7 years ago as a friendly jesting and informative dialog on a part of World War II that greatly interested me, the technical nerdy stuff, I was joined along the way to a great and honored friend whom I have never met.

Paul thank you for the memories and putting up with my rough edges and thanks for all the info you imparted.

I pray your family is comforted in your loss and you have a little bit of my heart.

God bless and Merry Christmas all.

goodbye Paul my good tread head friend

salute

Status
Not open for further replies.