Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think 003 is actually an Italian M14 or M15. That Gun is not a 75mm...

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think 003 is actually an Italian M14 or M15. That Gun is not a 75mm...
The gun tube is very much the same as in image 001 with the exception of the muzzle cap. In addition, the sloping side armor on the upper hull and the drive sprockets are the same as every picture I've seen of the P26/40.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
006: U.S. Cletrack M2 Aircraft Tug
Well done on all!
The M2 is an ugly beast, but quite good at it's USAF job. What is amusing is that the USA adopted the chassis with the 3" gun as the M5 3" GMC, a tank destroyer. Totally naked from the back, the gun dwarfed the chassis. Needless to say it saw no service. Google its images for a good laugh.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, Yuri is dead right about the P26/40. Note that it is being demonstrated to a Nazi audience including the Carpet Chewer in Chief.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I look at the M2 aircraft tug, I can't help but imagine the condition of any airfield which would require the services of such a fully tracked vehicle.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Sherman BARV, Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle. Based on the diesel engined Sherman III aka M4A2. Basically designed to play bumps-a-daisy with wrecks or stuck landing craft on a landing beach.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
OK, found a colour drawing. It's blue, yellow and red (top to bottom), the colours of the Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME).

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That's a fake. Built from 2 KV hulls, 2 KV-1E turrets, a KV-2 turret, a T-26 m33 turret, a T-40 turret and what looks like a T-38 turret. The hulls look like from the Trumpeter model range.
At least three KV hulls it would be great going in a straight line but absolutely no chance of turning at all

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It looks like a Type 97 Chi-Ha hull, rather than the Type 1 Chi-He. It corresponds to no known Japanese prototype or conversion, so I suspected a PLA post war conversion. However what little I could find suggests a KMT conversion using a Chinese copy of the Japanese 75mm mountain gun.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
OK, found a colour drawing. It's blue, yellow and red (top to bottom), the colours of the Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME).
Correct on REME. Also, the anchor insignia painted on the vehicle was the sign of the Beach Groups

It was also worn as a shoulder flash:

This one is superimposed on the rectangle formation patch of 3rd Canadian Division, the assault formation for JUNO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.