Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm impressed :)

Here you go:
It's a M4 prime mover built on the chassis of the M4 tank but almost all of the other parts i.e. engine, transmission, ect are more powerful.
I think that many years ago there was a 'Monster Truck" that was built using the chassis of one of these and almost everyone thought it was a M4 Tank converted into the Monster fully Tracked "truck'(?)

I think this was it but not sure

Last edited:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's a M4 prime mover built on the chassis of the M4 tank but almost all of the other parts i.e. engine, transmission, ect are more powerful.
I think that many years ago there was a 'Monster Truck" that was built using the chassis of one of these and almost everyone thought it was a M4 Tank converted into the Monster fully Tracked "truck'(?)

I think this was it but not sure
nope.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Any takers yet on this guy?
It's an armored Willys Super Jeep.

I can't find a 'M' or 'T' number designation. I'm basing this on it's size, the shape of the wheel hubs, the front axle leaf springs, the small engine compartment, and the rear 'bumpers' are a dead giveaway.
I have a photo of an unarmored, 3 axle Super Jeep with a rear bed mounted 37mm AT gun, and that vehicle has a similar wheelbase to this one.

Last edited:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's an armored Willys Super Jeep.

I can't find a 'M' or 'T' number designation. I'm basing this on it's size, the shape of the wheel hubs, the front axle leaf springs, the small engine compartment, and the rear 'bumpers' are a dead giveaway.
I have a photo of an unarmored, 3 axle Super Jeep with a rear bed mounted 37mm AT gun, and that vehicle has a similar wheelbase to this one.
actually, no. There was a clue in the history of the EE-9 development. Both of these are from the same design specifications. This is a T-27 Scout Car- the final design to be accepted by the War Department was the T-22 design in competition with this one - which evolved into the M-8 Greyhound Armored Car - and then into the EE-9 post-war.

T-22 prototype was built on a Ford Chassis. The T-27 on an International (Harvester) chassis. The T-27s chassis type may be similar in many respects to the "BeeP" or Big - Jeep - given lineage across both vehicles based on International vehicle chassis designs.

so I'll give you a 1/2 point for getting the chassis lineage correct :)

KRL, Jon H

Status
Not open for further replies.