Da Paul Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Marine Unit?, Recently, Camp Pendleton, 13...gas line (as in underground type) KOed
You're correct on injuries and location - Red Beach Amphib Assault Range. Seen the press release on this yet?

Don't forget the AFV identification ( except Yuri - he knows this one ;) )

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is a Marine unit of course. the press release did identify it the way I would have expected them to. 15th MEU (SOC) in a pre-deployment training exercise. This would be off one of the LSDs in PhibRon V. The Fort McHenry I believe is the current one up in the pickle barrel for deployment with the PhibRon. Quite a mess. The Marines were not aware of the placement of that pipeline, which had been inactive since the HMLA squadrons left Pendleton for Mirimar in 1998 - it was supposed to be completely drained and purged 20+ years ago.

Thirteen injuries, two in ICU for a week - a lot of damage and investigation to do yet on this one. I'm watching the weekly updates in my Marine Corps Times on this event.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The chassis and the fore and aft driver positions resemble a Dutch M39 Pantserwagen.
nope - give you a clue, its North American manufacture :) in fact, same descendence from the same set of design specifications that led to the EE-9 in later years.

;) Its a tough one , but in fact, one of these were actually made ( and only 1).

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
A trench digger?

While unarmoured is has a "MA", so possibly 4, though unarmoured vehicles only get 1 FP regardless of whether armed or not, so could be just 1. However if it is a trench digger then any positive DRM for Foxholes, Trenches, Walls or Roadblocks would not apply.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A trench digger?

While unarmoured is has a "MA", so possibly 4, though unarmoured vehicles only get 1 FP regardless of whether armed or not, so could be just 1. However if it is a trench digger then any positive DRM for Foxholes, Trenches, Walls or Roadblocks would not apply.
Perhaps a trench digger, but if it is a trench digger (and I'm not saying it is), it is a very specific trench digger.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
tanks-encyclopedia.com said:
Only 20 A7V German tanks were built during World War One but a lot more chassis were constructed. Some were turned into tracked supply vehicles called A7V-Geländewagen and three were used as A7V-Flakpanzer prototype test vehicles.
Hard to believe that Flakpanzers were developed in WWI.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.