Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
No, not all that much once you remove the turret.

Regarding the Yeramba. As I said I though a Sexton and said "That's too easy", but what really caught my eye was what looks like an open armoured filler cap slap bang in the middle of the glacis plate. What a place to put it, right where the enemy will most likely shoot! I've never seen that on any AFV, though the Covenanter with its glacis mounted radiators and shields come close.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An early Soviet tank model kit. Supposed to be 1/76th but it's a bit overscale. Also they couldn't make injection molding work so they built it with steel instead.

JR
hee hehe but no , not even the right nationality

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A Finnish armored sledge. Pulled by reindeer no less.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My sources say it is Finnish in design, an armored MG pillbox, pulled into areas expected for combat action by a team of pack animals. Armor is boiler-plate steel over cast steel wire framing. The vision slit on the left has an armored shutter. Carried a 2 man MG crew, an inherent supply of MG ammunition, and a "bug out bag" in a rear wire sponson with food, winter garments, and load bearing equipment for the crew on the rear of the upper structure, outside the armor.

Weight 3.4 tonnes.
Armament: 1 water cooled MG protected in an armored jacket with limited traverse.
Inherent Crew: 2 with inherent small arms (a pair of pistols, in this case.)
MF: under tow, assume it in ASL as a sledge - limbered with no fire possible, an 6 MF. Unlimbered, 0 MF and a MA BMG 4 FP 1 ROF.
Non turreted, cannot change VCA when unlimbered.
AF front unlimbered circled 2. side/rear, circled 1. Limbered Front unarmored, Side/ rear circled 1 AF.
CS: 3

That's my best guess as to how to get it into ASL. Certainly belongs in the Hakaa Paale Module counters!!! :)

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My sources say it is Finnish in design, an armored MG pillbox, pulled into areas expected for combat action by a team of pack animals. Armor is boiler-plate steel over cast steel wire framing. The vision slit on the left has an armored shutter. Carried a 2 man MG crew, an inherent supply of MG ammunition, and a "bug out bag" in a rear wire sponson with food, winter garments, and load bearing equipment for the crew on the rear of the upper structure, outside the armor.

Weight 3.4 tonnes.
Armament: 1 water cooled MG protected in an armored jacket with limited traverse.
Inherent Crew: 2 with inherent small arms (a pair of pistols, in this case.)
MF: under tow, assume it in ASL as a sledge - limbered with no fire possible, an 6 MF. Unlimbered, 0 MF and a MA BMG 4 FP 1 ROF.
Non turreted, cannot change VCA when unlimbered.
AF front unlimbered circled 2. side/rear, circled 1. Limbered Front unarmored, Side/ rear circled 1 AF.
CS: 3

That's my best guess as to how to get it into ASL. Certainly belongs in the Hakaa Paale Module counters!!! :)
Even though I called it (see post 1190) and Mr. Weir hadn't heard of it, please continue to ask your AFV questions to Paul as I'll concede he still has a little more subject knowledge than I. This is his thread after all. :)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Actually it's Don Lazov's thread, he started it. While I have no reason to worry and last heard was doing well, has anyone heard from him in the last 3-6 months or so? He had one of the better senses of humour and sane outlook around here and I miss his posts. Would anyone in contact please pass on my greetings and best wishes?

While Don started it as a backhanded compliment in the form of a quiz, hopefully others will find it informative. The fact that people are able to find the most obscure stuff has forced me to try and find about stuff I had absolutely no idea of, never mind what I knew little of. So it has become an educational experience for me as well.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chatted with Don briefly in June. He is doing well and happy. His son is still in Alaska, and playing wargames from time to time when not working ( he works with his grandfather in the Kenai peninsula when the weather is not 35 feet of snow) :)

We chat via Skype for a few minutes, about 4-5 times a year or so. I'll pass along your well wishes. :)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
While Don started it as a backhanded compliment in the form of a quiz, hopefully others will find it informative. The fact that people are able to find the most obscure stuff has forced me to try and find about stuff I had absolutely no idea of, never mind what I knew little of. So it has become an educational experience for me as well.
In fact, this is my favorite thread here at GS forum.

von Marwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.