Da Paul Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the 38 is my favourite tank. In 1:35 I have at least 40 different variants and prototypes of these but the tractor was a new
Wow!!
I would enjoy viewing pictures of such an extensive collection. If I had the time, space and funds, I would love to tackle a similar project for the T-34 and Sherman variants.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Almost forgot this. US T92 240mm HMC. A stretched M26 chassis was the basis. The T93 203mm GMC used the same chassis. A few of each were produced but did not see combat due to the Japanese surrender.
And again, you are correct.

von Marwitz

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Almost forgot this. US T92 240mm HMC. A stretched M26 chassis was the basis. The T93 203mm GMC used the same chassis. A few of each were produced but did not see combat due to the Japanese surrender.
And here I assumed it was one of new-fangled atomic howitzers.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
And here I assumed it was one of new-fangled atomic howitzers.

Not exactly a howitzer, but nevertheless nuclear:

Davy Crockett M28. Range 2km (yes, that is two kilometers...).

Stupid bastards!

I wish it would be as easy as below not only to protect oneself from nuclear blast but also from stupid ideas...

von Marwitz

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not exactly a howitzer, but nevertheless nuclear:

Davy Crockett M28. Range 2km (yes, that is two kilometers...).

View attachment 13678

Stupid bastards!

I wish it would be as easy as below not only to protect oneself from nuclear blast but also from stupid ideas...

View attachment 13679

von Marwitz
The Davy Crockett reminds me of my grenade training session wherein we were instructed that the bursting radius of the (huge) WP hand grenade was slightly larger than its average thrown distance.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

View attachment 13679
I really like the guy on the right covering his head with newspaper. I used newspaper as the initial kindling, followed with thin wood sticks when starting a home fire.

Lewis Black described his childhood school "duck and cover" drills of getting under his desk as "hiding under kindling".

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I really like the guy on the right covering his head with newspaper. I used newspaper as the initial kindling, followed with thin wood sticks when starting a home fire.

Lewis Black described his childhood school "duck and cover" drills of getting under his desk as "hiding under kindling".
I remember those drills, even as a youngster they seemed silly. Reminds me of Hitchhikers' Guide when the bartender learns the Earth is about to be destroyed and he says to Ford he always heard you were supposed to put a paper bag over your head.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Neither Dilbert nor The Far Side appeared much, if at all, in Irish papers, but I ate up the collection books.

Status
Not open for further replies.