D8.23 Mud & Deep Snow SP73

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
I am about to play SP73 Seregelyes Slug-out. Is D8.23 invoked for this scenario? My feeling is that it is not because only EC are Mud, but the 'German Comments' are a little misleading on this point.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, D8.23 is supposed to be in play. I brought this up on the ASLML a couple years ago, and that was the response from a couple of the SP guys (Evan and Brian, I believe).

However, they refused to agree that the SSR should be corrected to "Weather is Mud" instead of "EC are Mud". Guess they didn't want to break SP's "no errata" streak. ;)

It's a great scenario; one of my all-time top ten.

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
Thanks. I hate ambigious SSR -- especially when it comes to weather conditions. Even if it is not considered 'errata', a 'clairification' would be helpful here.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Jeff Sewall said:
However, they refused to agree that the SSR should be corrected to "Weather is Mud" instead of "EC are Mud". Guess they didn't want to break SP's "no errata" streak. ;)
Evan certainly has an interesting attitude to errata. I've confirmed the above with him also (yes, Weather is mud), and one or two other errors in a couple of other scenarios (pretty minor stuff, for the most part). He seems to have no problem confirming such errors in e-mail, but point-blank refuses to post them to a central location, such as his own web page, where one might logically think to find them. I simply don't understand his POV in this.

Schwerpunkt has an excellent record for (lack of) errata overall, something Evan can justifiably feel proud of. But feeling so proud of it that not being able to formally acknowledge the very few unfortunate errors that slip through is ... bizarre. (Particularly in the case of the SP73 errata, which is immensely important to the play of that scenario!)

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
WaterRabbit said:
I am about to play SP73 Seregelyes Slug-out. Is D8.23 invoked for this scenario? My feeling is that it is not because only EC are Mud, but the 'German Comments' are a little misleading on this point.
If I'm not mistaken, "Clearing Qualberg" has the same problem.

I believe it says "EC are Mud" - but then when you read the designers note - it becomes clear that you can't fire Smoke as if "Weather is Mud."

But in v1 of the rules wasn't "EC is Mud" enough to invoke D8.23 ?
Now I believe it has to be "Weather is Mud" to invoke D8.23 (barring SSR of course).