D8.21 Bog Check DRMS for VCA changes

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi

A fully tracked AFV enters a Wire hex and makes a Bog DR with a +2 DRM for "Moving into Wire" [D8.21]. It passes this Bog Check
The AFv now changes VCA withinn the Wire hex and so has to make another Bog Check.
Does the +2 DRm apply to this 2nd bog Check, given the D8.21 table of DRMs says "Moving into Wire" (my emphasis)?

On a similar note, does the +3 DRM for "Entry of" woods or wooden buildings or the +4 DRM for "Entry of" stone buildings apply to bog Checks made for changing VCA in woods/wooden buildings/stone buildings?

Cheers
Jon

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
q&a said:
D2.11 & D8.21 D2.11 says (in part) “Bog penalties for entry of difficult terrain are also applicable to VCA changes in that terrain if not also on a road....” D8.21 indicates that there is a +3 DRM for entry of woods at “half MP allotment”, but +0 DRM for entry of woods for “ALL MP” (B13.41-.42). Which of these two possible “entry DRM” are applicable to the Bog DR when a vehicle changes VCA while in a woods hex (which is expending neither “half” nor “all” MP?
A. +0 DRM for changing VCA in woods or building or graveyard or rubble. The +3/+4 DRM are strictly upon entry. {2}
[See errata from ASL Journal 11]
Based on this I would guess that changing VCA is also +0 on wire.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If a DRM only says "entry" it does not apply when changing VCA.
Regrettably it says, "Moving into Wire," on the D8.21 chart rather than "entry," leaving just enough room for doubt. I am inclined to read "moving into" as "entry".

JR

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played in a tourney where tourney house rule prevented wire removal based upon an AFV VCA change.

Changing VCA to remove wire is sleazy in my book. Your bog starts at 12, but removes wire on a colored "1".

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Played in a tourney where tourney house rule prevented wire removal based upon an AFV VCA change.

Changing VCA to remove wire is sleazy in my book. Your bog starts at 12, but removes wire on a colored "1".
Most bog attempts will apply ground pressure DRM. Perhaps that is still too much for you; I just shrug and bring out my 45L ATG as the tank turns its side armor to the gun.

JR