D7.11 and A7.82

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HT conducts an overrun and gets pinned by a 24+2 shot. Is the following right: the FP is modified by an additional halving of the MG per A7.82?

The calculation would thus be 2 + 3*3/2/2 = 2 + 2.25 = 4 FP in the IFT.

Oddly the flowchart does not address the pinning question, hence my pursuit of clarification. :cheeky:

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry said:
HT conducts an overrun and gets pinned by a 24+2 shot. Is the following right: the FP is modified by an additional halving of the MG per A7.82?

The calculation would thus be 2 + 3*3/2/2 = 2 + 2.25 = 4 FP in the IFT.

Oddly the flowchart does not address the pinning question, hence my pursuit of clarification. :cheeky:
Since the HT goes BU when it pins, I would say that the MG can't be used *at all*.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Georgii2222 said:
Since the HT goes BU when it pins, I would say that the MG can't be used *at all*.
Open Topped vehicles does not go BU when they get Pinned. They remain CE, but are subject to halving of FP, or case D when firing and cannot use Intensive Fire or retain ROF. This is found in A7.82.

You are correct that D7 doesn't mention it, but my guess is that the FP of the MGs used in the OVR will be halved once more as in your calculation.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe said:
Open Topped vehicles does not go BU when they get Pinned. They remain CE, but are subject to halving of FP, or case D when firing and cannot use Intensive Fire or retain ROF. This is found in A7.82.

You are correct that D7 doesn't mention it, but my guess is that the FP of the MGs used in the OVR will be halved once more as in your calculation.
Wow. I never knew this. Learn something new every day. :cheeky:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A7.82 is pretty clear that the OT remains CE but is "pinned."

Good point though on the CT AFV. What is the FP calculation involving the AAMG where the AFV rolls in for an overrun. If the tank is eliminated, the overrun goes forward with 1/2 FP. Would the AAMG still count, halved again for the pin result on an IFT or IIFT shot? :devious: