D6.631 SW Removal

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A German crew is abandoning a half track with a 3FP AAMG.

D6.631 says: A crew abandoning (5.41) an armored halftrack of that crew's nationality may Remove from the AFV and take with them (in dm form if possible), that halftrack's MG/mortar armament. The MG takes the form of a MG counter with the same or less FP as available to the vehicle.

Can I take a dm MMG (FP is '3' kind of..)? or does it have to be an LMG. I know technically they're the same weapon - but it obviously makes a difference whether that tripod comes with them :)

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good question.

I don't believe most have played it that way.

The German MG HT with the 7 CA & 3 AA tells to to take a HMG for Removal of the 3 FP MG. I'm not sure about the 7 FP MG but I think it's replaced with a LMG.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
A German crew is abandoning a half track with a 3FP AAMG.

D6.631 says: A crew abandoning (5.41) an armored halftrack of that crew's nationality may Remove from the AFV and take with them (in dm form if possible), that halftrack's MG/mortar armament. The MG takes the form of a MG counter with the same or less FP as available to the vehicle.

Can I take a dm MMG (FP is '3' kind of..)? or does it have to be an LMG. I know technically they're the same weapon - but it obviously makes a difference whether that tripod comes with them :)
From Scott R's compiled errata:

D6.631 Can a 3FP AAMG be Removed from a German halftrack as a 3-8 dm HMG, or only as a 3-8 LMG?
A. Only as a 3-8 LMG, except for the sMG halftracks (German Vehicle Note 58). [Letter8]

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks. This is the 15PP 16 MF circled 1/1 -/-/3 HT. An LMG it is then!