D6.5 Unloading Passengers, is the Stop MP considered in the unloading process.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The title lays it out but to expand: Is the Stop MP expended part of the unloading cost of the Passengers or must the vehicle stop, then expend the additional MP to unload? I am of the opinion that it is the former, but normally have seen it employed as per the latter. In this instance it makes quite a difference as it would allow or disallow personnel to dismount from a vehicle that requires double the unloading cost at the moment. Thanks in advance for your input.

Aavar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Vehicle must spend a stop MP, then pay the unloading cost. The Stop MP is separate from the unloading cost.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
The Vehicle must spend a stop MP, then pay the unloading cost. The Stop MP is separate from the unloading cost.
This. Because the vehicle must be stopped prior to the expenditure of unloading-MPs:

6.5 UNLOADING: A vehicle disembarks Passengers/Riders (without the latter Bailing Out) at a cost of one-fourth (FRU) of its MP allotment [EXC: Infantry unhooking a Gun, C10.12] per disembarking stack but only while stopped during its own MPh.​

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well part of me wanted to be a nice guy & give my opponent the benefit of the doubt, the other side of wanted to say he's screwed. Fortunately my first side is only 45% as this confirms my initial thoughts, but it sure was a brain teaser late at night thinking he did have a way to do it.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Situation: A British-Canadian Ram Kangaroo is attempting to unload its passengers. The vehicle has the following note in Chapter H (MAVN D):

NOTE D The vehicle's hull made exit and entry difficult for Personnel who had to climb over the sides. Therefore, the cost to (un)load (D6.4-5) is doubled to 1/2 of the vehicle's MP allotment and two MF for the Personnel - as signified by "(un)load ×2" on the counter [EXC: normal costs apply to the Buffalo Mk IV(a)]. In addition, all attacks made by the Passengers of this vehicle are halved (or receive a +2 TH DRM) as Mounted Fire (D6.1). This vehicle may retain any unpossessed SW aboard it (D6.4) but its crew may not Remove its MG.
The vehicle is carrying a squad and has 14 MPs total. During its MPh, it expends 6 MPs in movement, spends its 7th to stop. At this point it has exactly 7 MPs left to unload passengers which costs the remaining 1/2 of its printed MPs. As I see it, the Kangaroo has exactly what is needed to unload its passengers, and at that point, both infantry and AFV have no movement "Ps or Fs" remaining.

Am I interpreting this MAVN incorrectly?

My apologies to Eagle4ty for the debate! He's a great player/opponent, but sometimes he is lured by the Dark Side. :)

Oh... and sometimes I am just wrong.

P.S. Oh, and PBEM debates can be really slooooow!

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Situation: A British-Canadian Ram Kangaroo is attempting to unload its passengers. The vehicle has the following note in Chapter H (MAVN D):

NOTE D The vehicle's hull made exit and entry difficult for Personnel who had to climb over the sides. Therefore, the cost to (un)load (D6.4-5) is doubled to 1/2 of the vehicle's MP allotment and two MF for the Personnel - as signified by "(un)load ×2" on the counter [EXC: normal costs apply to the Buffalo Mk IV(a)]. In addition, all attacks made by the Passengers of this vehicle are halved (or receive a +2 TH DRM) as Mounted Fire (D6.1). This vehicle may retain any unpossessed SW aboard it (D6.4) but its crew may not Remove its MG.
The vehicle is carrying a squad and has 14 MPs total. During its MPh, it expends 6 MPs in movement, spends its 7th to stop. At this point it has exactly 7 MPs left to unload passengers which costs the remaining 1/2 of its printed MPs. As I see it, the Kangaroo has exactly what is needed to unload its passengers, and at that point, both infantry and AFV have no movement "Ps or Fs" remaining.

Am I interpreting this MAVN incorrectly?

My apologies to Eagle4ty for the debate! He's a great player/opponent, but sometimes he is lured by the Dark Side. :)

Oh... and sometimes I am just wrong.

P.S. Oh, and PBEM debates can be really slooooow!
As I understand your description of the above action, you are correct. Although, he can Defensive First fire on your stop MP BEFORE you are unable to unload. Is that the point of contention (that the MP spent to stop is included in the unloading process)?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
As I understand your description of the above action, you are correct. Although, he can Defensive First fire on your stop MP BEFORE you are unable to unload. Is that the point of contention (that the MP spent to stop is included in the unloading process)?
No. I expect the fire against me (although I failed a smoke attempt to help protect). The point of contention is whether I have the MPs/MFs left to unload.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yup, I screwed the pooch on that one, was counting 1/4 MP (FRU) as a total of 4MP per MF (RAM with 14MP) thus a total of 8MPs if unloading is 2MF and missed the 1/2MP allowance cost in the MAVN. Dooh! :facepalm:(and here I was trying to be a nice guy - kind of).:rofl: