D6.2 Riders: 3 questions

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys,

Playing Under the Noel Trees. Loving it.

1)Do vulnerable riders gain the AFV +1 TEM for the tank they are riding on?

2)Are vulnerable riders subject to FFNAM/FFMO if fired upon in D1F?
-If shot at by infantry/MG, they are subject to general collateral attack right?

3)Do riders lose concealment automatically when their tank loses concealment or can they somehow retain concealment when their tank has been stripped?

Thanks.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andy said:
1)Do vulnerable riders gain the AFV +1 TEM for the tank they are riding on?

2)Are vulnerable riders subject to FFNAM/FFMO if fired upon in D1F?
-If shot at by infantry/MG, they are subject to general collateral attack right?

3)Do riders lose concealment automatically when their tank loses concealment or can they somehow retain concealment when their tank has been stripped?
1) No, the +1 TEM for AFV/wreck only applies to Infantry, D9.3. However, as soon as they unload/bail out, they may become eligible.
2) No, FFNAM/FFMO also only applies to Infantry, A4.6. Yes, collateral attacks are how PRC are attacked.
3) They share the concealment status of their vehicle, A12.2 (although there is an exception when landing craft come into play).

paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An easy way to remember this is that the net DRM for moving with
a AFV is 0. (i.e. Riders and those Armoured Assaulting) (EXC: Infantry which assault moves while armoured assaulting: Net +1)

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note also that the +1 for the AFV doesn't apply if the vehicle is in motion, or if it has moved that player turn... (the +1 comes back in the Advancing Fire Phase...)

andy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks. I've got to give armored assault a try...

Thanks guys,

Good things to remember. I've got to give armored assault a try.
I tend to take chances with using riders more often than most, I like the increased mobility.

Do you think using the armored car in J88 Escape to Wiltz as a battlefield taxi (taking multiple pickups of squads) a valid tactic for that scenario?
What would you do with the mortar? Smoke on entry/abandon it, or put it on the tank for airbursting the exit area?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Riders are limited to tanks (not tankettes), TD, SPA, Carriers , and Assault Guns - so don't use the armored car to carry a rider.

I think you put a leader with the mortar and walk to the exit area. 8)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
with the notable (and unfrequently used) exception that all vehicles can carry a SMC as a Rider...