D3.6 FT AFV's & BFF

ASLgord

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here's the potential situation.

I move my FT afv, stop and fire other than having the FP halved, what other modifiers are applicable.

Not that I'm likely to do that in my game, no, no, but perhaps I might want to know for future gaming. :cheeky:

Thanks,
Gord

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
ASLgord said:
Here's the potential situation.

I move my FT afv, stop and fire other than having the FP halved, what other modifiers are applicable.
You mean, "other than not having the FP halved" ;)

FT firepower is not halved for Bounding (First) Fire, as other FP is. It would be halved for Non-Stopped/Motion Fire though, but you wrote that you stopped, so that doesn't apply.

So move your FT AFV, expend a Stop MP, fire the FT at full effect, and then start and move again.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLgord said:
FT's are not halved for Bounding First Fire. They are halved if the vehicle is in motion or is non-stopped. Generally, the only DRM for FT attacks are hindrances, but Case A can apply (not during BFF though).

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
ASLgord said:
In other words there are no modifiers applicable to the FT attack from an AFV if it stops during its MPh.
That's correct. No modifiers except the normal DRM for Hindrance/SMOKE. So go and play Cold Crocodiles, where your Crocs can move, stop two hexes from a Stone building, and fry the units there with 30/flat shots before starting again. Great fun until you're targeted by those pesky hidden 88LL Guns, or becomes a PF target.

Check the "AFV Phase/Motion Fire modifiers" chart on the Chapter D divider from ASLRBv2 (also found in my '96 Annual "Stop and Go" article). That's a simple table that easily tells you how Stopped/Motion status and Phase affects different weapons.

Last edited: