D3.51 Vehicular Fire

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
D3.51 says (1st Ed. ASLRB): “Once any VEHICULAR weapons fire, its other weapons may FIRE in that phase only from that same hex…”.

Consider a halftrack loaded with a squad, moving in its MPh. Could the squad make BFF from a different hex than that from which the vehicular weapons fire, or is the squad fire also considered Vehicular weapon?

Thanks

Juan

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You may fire at different targets during the movement phase from different hexes with different weapons. Be aware that all infantry are restricted to mandatory fire groups, and this applies when firing from inside a half-track.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Jack said:
You may fire at different targets during the movement phase from different hexes with different weapons. Be aware that all infantry are restricted to mandatory fire groups, and this applies when firing from inside a half-track.
I guess I would like a rules quote....not 'cause I disagree, but because I think you're mixing some types...and it's not clear in my mind and I don't have the good book handy...

A squad in a HT is not infantry. It is PRC, which does have some differences from a pile of guys on the ground. A question to illustrate: are PRC (i.e. a squad in a HT) subject to HOB?

NRBH, but what do you base you base you mandatory fire group statement on? A specific rules reference? Or the fact that they are infantry...which they are not in a HT...

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I decided to answer, and yes it was just from memory I did not have my rulebook with me as well. Also note that I use the 2nd edition book. I have been known to be wrong on occasion before.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Well, for the Firegroup part, look at D6.64 FG. There are various limitations but it does say "In all cases, the normal rules for FG (A7.5-.55) still apply."

In any case, it doesn't make any logical sense (and I don't see any reference supporting it) to claim that Passenger fire is consider Vehicular fire. D3.5 clearly refers to the weapons of the vehicle.