D2.6 Entering an enemy AFV's hex.

Ralph Malf

***** Veteran
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does a Passenger or Rider with a BAZ or PSK enable their conveyance to stay in an enemy AFV's hex per the restriction of the quoted rule below?
D2.6 ENEMY AFV: A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV’s hex (whether Known or not) unless it can do so out of that AFV’s LOS (i.e., while Bypassing a hexside opposite that of the DEFENDER’s Bypass AFV), or unless it can, at the moment and position of entry into that hex, attack that AFV (regardless of its To Hit possibility) and be capable of destroying or shocking it with an Original TK or IFT DR of 5 (using a non-Depletable ammo type available to the vehicle). A vehicle thus barred from remaining in an AFV’s hex may not attempt ESB in that hex.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
From the compiled Q&A. 2 questions/answers....the second answer applies directly to your question...the first provides some context
C13.8-.81, D2.6 & D6.1 1) Several models of HT
come equipped with removable BAZ or PSK.
May Passengers, or the vehicle Crew, make
attacks with these weapons (while Passengers/-
Crew), before these weapons have been removed
via Unloading/Abandonment?
A. Only the inherent crews of those vehicles to
which U.S. Multi-Applicable Vehicle Note Z
applies (e.g., German 251/10, U.S. M3A1 ht and
M20 sc, British Carrier C, and French M5A1 ht)
can do this.

2) Suppose a HT carries a CE Passenger in
possession of a BAZ or a PSK. May the player
cite the availability of that weapon to satisfy the
D2.6 “5 TK” requirement for Stopping/ending
ITS MPh in the hex of an enemy AFV?
A. Only the above-mentioned inherent crews
would qualify. [Letter167]

Ralph Malf

***** Veteran
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Jazz and Scott. I didn't look at the right Q&A rules reference before I posted here. I didn't look under C13.8-.81

So within the restriction of D2.6 a British Carrier C could impose Target Selection Limits on enemy armor, and being so small it would be hard to hit? Wow.

Last edited:

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Harder to hit anyway. Assuming range 6 or less and stopped AFV firing, it's usually not THAT hard to hit. 10 goes down to 8 for very small target down to 6 for moving target (we'll assume the target moved in MPh and it's now DFF), back up to 7 if the firer is CE. Even BU it's not that bad at 6. That also assumes no acquisition.

Besides, Tommy's spirit CANNOT BE CONSTRAINED by a mere Carrier!