D1F and S1F on building movement

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
A unit moves into a Building adjacent to enemy#1.
Enemy#1 fires D1F no effect.
Enemy#1 fires S1F no effect (MF#2 being used).
Can Enemy#2 two hexes away now fire D1F at the unit which just moved into the building?

It seems to me that that nobody else fired when MF#1 was used and that time slice expired.
8.14 says "A unit that survives a D1F attack with no effect can be fired on again in that same Location during its MPh before expending additional MF but only by different attackers..."
Depending on your interpretation my view is supported.

However, maybe Enemy#2 is allowed D1F. My opponent says so.

How do people play this?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yes, enemy #2 can now also shoot twice. An individual MF expenditure is not divided up into separate MF for defensive first fire purposes.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Each MF expenditure allows DFF, but if a single expenditure includes multiple MF/MP, different units are free to attack on individual MF/MP in any order they like. If an enemy unit moves from one building to the next, one unit could fire on both MF spent, then a second unit could fire a snap shot on the entry hexside. Similarly if a vehicle crossed a wall, one unit could fire, possibly multiple times, at the vehicle in the hex then a second unit could fire an underbelly shot as it crossed the wall. However once the moving unit has made another expenditure (e.g. if the unit entering the building recovered a SW or the vehicle changed CA), there's no going back to a previous expenditure.

JR

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
ah ok. thanks guys. sort of makes sense since nothing in the rules breaks up the 2 building MF into impulses or some such thing.