D-Day Over Normandy - Film Sponsored By MMP

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just wanted to give a shout-out to MMP for their support of the film D-Day Over Normandy.

Excellent film and I was thrilled to see Brian Youse called out in the credits with a Thank You, and MMP's logo showing up (in a giant font no less) at the end.

Maybe this is old news--- but it wasn't to me.

Having just made the trip to Normandy last year this was super exciting for my wife and I to watch on PBS.

And to all the hater's of the Patriots out there--- if you can watch this and not feel some love for Bill Belichick you need to go in for a heart check up.

Here's to you MMP! :thumbsup:

JT

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unsurprising that he shines in a job where you can't see how he's dressed and there isn't really a way to cheat. Always happy to hear about somebody turning his life around! ;)

But in all seriousness, as a Vikings fan I love the man: long may he continue sending his assistant coaches to the other NFC North teams!

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Living DownUnder, I was a little unfamiliar with the history of Bill Belichick. Looking at his pictures on the Internet, he appeared to be a WW2 Vet. Sure enough, I dug through my National Archive notes compiled during my Hatten battle research and there was recently declassified note on Belichick’s WW2 heroics on D-Day.

Apparently, working for the OSS (the predecessor for the CIA), Bill led a veteran crew of operatives behind enemy lines near Omaha Beach. Deploying concealed cutting-edge cinematography he mapped out key German laager areas behind the beaches. Just prior to the landing, his team infiltrated a key laager where German reinforcements to Omaha would be dispatched.

Bill’s team cleverly deflated the tires of all the German vehicles sufficiently to delay their movement to the D-Day landing site. This allowed CPT Hanks and his Band of Brothers to clear Omaha Beach in time before German reinforcements appeared.

Unfortunately, his antics were not well received by US High Command and he was banned from receiving replacements for a number of years and forced to rely on his increasingly aged men.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Having just visited the Normandy area and the American beaches, it would be interesting to see the views that were captured in this film. Is there anywhere to view/purchase it? It's apparently been pulled from YouTube, and I can't find a PBS station that has it available on-line. I'd probably buy the DVD, but can't find that either.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Having just visited the Normandy area and the American beaches, it would be interesting to see the views that were captured in this film. Is there anywhere to view/purchase it? It's apparently been pulled from YouTube, and I can't find a PBS station that has it available on-line. I'd probably buy the DVD, but can't find that either.
You may want to check here under TV Listings: https://www.aptonline.org/catalog/D-DAY-OVER-NORMANDY. As best I can tell it will be broadcast in my area June 2 at 7pm.

JR

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Saw this last night. It was ok. Only thing new was the use of drone videography of the landscape. Bummer was it was on a non-HD channel so the quality of boadcast was meh.
Still apparently not available in the mid-Atlantic area. I've got a PBS Passport account, so hopefully it will be added to the video list.