Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Two adjacent hexes (A and B) both containing a bypassable obstacle (i.e. building or woods).
In hex A, there is a vehicle in stationary VBM along the hexside that separates A from B.
May another vehicle use VBM along the same hexside, but declaring he is in hex B?

My problem is that 2.3 speaks of moving through a hex (i.e. A or B) and of the "interior" of the hexside, but that 2.31 and 2.34 speak of the hexside as the place the vehicle is or goes...

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Robin said:
Two adjacent hexes (A and B) both containing a bypassable obstacle (i.e. building or woods).
In hex A, there is a vehicle in stationary VBM along the hexside that separates A from B.
May another vehicle use VBM along the same hexside, but declaring he is in hex B?
No, it cannot.

D2.3 says "VBM is not allowed along a hexside already containing another Bypass vehicle/wreck along that hexside."

So even though the two AFV are in different hexes, they're at the same hexside, and thus violates the above D2.3 sentence.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thank you very much, Ole!
Allways as clear and quick as a thunderbolt!
Have a good day... and Happy New Year! :D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ma stupido!

Had I better read the D 2.3 second example, I would have bought some useful time !!!

Here is Perry's confirmation of the answer to my question :

May another vehicle use VBM along the same hexside, but declaring he is in hex B ?

<<No; D2.3, 2nd Example.>>
....Perry
MMP

Example's text (for those who have NRBH) :
EX: If a vehicle were Bypassing the woods in J10 along the J10/I10 hexside (assuming there was room enough), another vehicle in I10 could not Bypass the building along the I10/J10 hexside.

So blatantly in front of my nose! :shock:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those of us stuck in the V1 of the ASLRB quagmire, the restriction is in D2.31.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Larry said:
For those of us stuck in the V1 of the ASLRB quagmire, the restriction is in D2.31.
So is it in v2. Here reference is made to the example following D 2.3...