CyberVASL V

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Orchards are Olive Groves, the grain became vineyards, and the sandy looking things are cactus patches........

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 4,

With his prep fire, Dave took out the mortar crew in V17, and then decided to begin his movement. He was able to lay down some vehicular smoke which helped some of his Germans to move forward. I do not remember taking any first fire shots this turn, waiting to be able to hopefully unload and get some results in my final fire attempts and with the final fire I was able to put a little dent in the German troops by breaking some units in M4 and P6.

Dave used his advance fire to break some of those pesky British.........

On to my half of the turn, I was able to destroy the armored car in Q8 with the lmg in Q14, and then moved most of my units out of harms way. And as expected that poor little OP tank became a ‘bonfire’. At the end of this turn, I was able to get most of my units in a good position for defending the final 2 turns. And I was happy that I was still able to have some of my units concealed.

Here is what everything looked like at the end of turn 4..........

5 turn.jpg

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 5

With this turn, Dave tried to lay down some smoke in M7 from M5 , but with no success, no smoke. He also had a few prep fire shots with little effect. His first movement was with a berserker whose life was cut short with some first fire shots. As the Germans continued their movement, the British was able to hold them up with the 9-1/sq/mmg and the AT gun in hex H9.

During my half of the turn, my main concern was to just get most of my British units into a good defensive position for the onslaught of the German’s last turn. No prep fire, only moving back into position. Dave did some damage with his defensive fire, and his sniper also broke a squad.

Here is the image of the map before turn 6 began.

6-turn.jpg

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 6

Dave was unable to rally some of his troops, which would have helped the German cause greatly, and most of the long range prep fire shots which were taken proved ineffective. His movement phase began with the tank bounding fire, breaking a squad and then freezing the crew/mmg in the open road. Little by little the Germans tried to move but was held down with some first fire point blank shots. The Q13 stack did well to stop any late arrivals trying to get to the buildings.

The final fire was finally able to break the two squads in N9 with shots from N10/O11 and L11 . These final shots pretty much sealed the victory for the British. This was a very fun and enjoyable game, and Dave was a great opponent. Would like to play this scenario again.

I think that maybe, if most of the Germans would have come down off the hill and attacked the center of the map from the beginning, ( instead of waiting to enter on turn 2 ) , we would have a much different outcome. Just can’t see how the British would defend this tactic.

Here is a final image of the map at the end of the game,

end-turn.jpg