CX and 'timing' of reduced PP capacity

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Situation:
A squad carries 3PP. It declares CX at the start of its MPh. Then it moves 5MF and drops its 3PP thereafter.

Question:
Can it now move a 6th MF or is this prohibited due to the reduction of 1PP for moving CX and having already spent 5MF while carrying its burden of 3PP?

(Note: corrected my query by changing 2PP to 3PP)

TIA,
von Marwitz

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Situation:
A squad carries 2PP. It declares CX at the start of its MPh. Then it moves 5MF and drops its 2PP thereafter.

Question:
Can it now move a 6th MF or is this prohibited due to the reduction of 1PP for moving CX and having already spent 5MF while carrying its burden of 2PP?
I believe if the unit "portages" (spends any MF) with the carried item, the MF for PP beyond PP capacity are deducted. But in this case a squad has a 3PP capacity, reduced to two PP for declaring double-time, meaning that it can move all six MF while carrying the load, whether the squad drops the load or not.

JR

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A CX squad has an IPC of 2PP anyway, so no effect.

Now, if it were carrying a 3PP SW, its CX MF reduction to 5 would not change if it dropped the SW.
No difference with normal movement.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ah, sorry, I meant the load carried in the original situation to be 3PP, not 2PP (corrected that in OP).

So according to JRV, even with 3PP, after dropping those, it could move its 6MF, right?

von Marwitz

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
IMO total PPs carried is counted for All its Mph.. i think no.. not sure if dropping a 2PP SW and then take a different 2PP SW counts as 4PP or 2PP for carrying and MPh purposes.. but this is obviously a diff question..

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I hope I said just the opposite. You can drop the 3PP before expending any MF without losing any MF, or you can expend MF with the 3PP but lose the one MF.

JR
Ok, that it what I would have thought (and it does make sense, too...).

Thanks,
von Marwitz