Custom basic VASL charts I've slowly creating (download link)

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Current release v1.7. The most current version of this mod can always be found here:

This mod is now comprised of about ~60 charts/references spread across 29 tabs/sub-tabs as organized below:
  • IFT
    • IFT
    • IIFT
  • CC chart w/odds calculator
  • TH Table
  • TK Tables Tab:
    • AP/CR/DS TK
    • HE/AT TK
    • Vehicle/Gun Destruction
  • Misc
    • TOC – Table of contents for Misc tabs
    • Inf1 – SW capability/HOB/Leader creation
    • Inf2 – MF/PP Ref/Sniper/Clearance/Searching
    • Inf3 – Step Reduction/Sewer/Concealment drm
    • Inf4 – Panzerfausts
    • Inf5 – MOL/ATMM
    • Gun1 – Manhandling/HE Equiv/Destruction
    • Gun2 - Critical Hits
    • Veh1 – AFV FP mods/ROF/ESB/DC placement/Acq. loss
    • Veh2 – Bog Check/Removal/HD Maneuver/ Non-Terrain MP
    • Env1 – Flame/Rubble Table
    • Env2 – Entrenching/Clearance/Wind
    • Env3 – Kindling/Blaze/ECs
    • Env4 – SMOKE Useage
  • Terrain
    • ETO
    • PTO
    • DTO
  • AFV reference sheet
  • Phase reference tabs
  • LOS Aid
  • Advanced SOP (generated from html by Ole Boe)
  • About - version info, download links, contact info
  • Next???
This extension just adds another top level tab, it does not replace the default charts.

Examples:

Attachments

Last edited:

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Great stuff!! I your voluminous spare time, any chance you could tweak the existing SK chart extensions? There are a couple of errors on there. This was an extension done by an individual in England last year, and it's good for the most part, but a couple of errors have crept in

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great stuff!! I your voluminous spare time, any chance you could tweak the existing SK chart extensions? There are a couple of errors on there. This was an extension done by an individual in England last year, and it's good for the most part, but a couple of errors have crept in
Hi Jon, If I remember right that extension was a collection of a bunch of different charts created by a bunch of different people. The only ones I created from scratch that were included in it were the AFV cheat sheet and an older IFT (if I recall correctly). If there are errors outside those two charts I would have to recreate the chart from scratch, or try to band-aid it in. Probably just have to work around the errors on those charts. :)

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jon, If I remember right that extension was a collection of a bunch of different charts created by a bunch of different people. The only ones I created from scratch that were included in it were the AFV cheat sheet and an older IFT (if I recall correctly). If there are errors outside those two charts I would have to recreate the chart from scratch, or try to band-aid it in. Probably just have to work around the errors on those charts. :)
Neal- you are correct on the genesis of the SK charts.vmdx. Guess I will have to tach myself how to code a mod to change it myself!

In regard to your charts in the mod you posted, they are a model of clarity, attractiveness and readability. Just added your mod to my VASL and it looks (and works) great! Thanks for all you do for the ASL community!!

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Neal- you are correct on the genesis of the SK charts.vmdx. Guess I will have to tach myself how to code a mod to change it myself!

In regard to your charts in the mod you posted, they are a model of clarity, attractiveness and readability. Just added your mod to my VASL and it looks (and works) great! Thanks for all you do for the ASL community!!
Thanks Jon.

The chart extensions are fairly easy. VASL .vmdx files are just renamed zip files. Just open up the SK chart mod with 7zip (or your favorite zip software) and you can see a folder full of images. The simplest way is to just fix/modify the image and replace it in the zip file. If you want to add/remove/move charts you have to do some xml editing.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've reworked all the chart colors to make them a bit easier on the eyes (more subdued). Images in OP reflect these changes.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Neal, I wish MMP would use your talent in graphic design to make their charts better! As I've said before, your redesigned ASL charts (and I am including the ones you did for SK as well) are the benchmark for clarity and readability.

Amazing stuff! Please keep it coming!

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Neal, I wish MMP would use your talent in graphic design to make their charts better! As I've said before, your redesigned ASL charts (and I am including the ones you did for SK as well) are the benchmark for clarity and readability.

Amazing stuff! Please keep it coming!
Thanks Jon, appreciate it!

Just added Gun Destruction table (download link above). Once these custom charts are "done" the .vmdx will be uploaded to the downloads section of vasl.info. I'm not trying to re-create "Rat Charts for VASL" (50 tabs of charts), but I have a couple more I might add.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
@ Neal, these are great bud. I've played VASL since the first iterations, before voice comms, and the QRDC, afaik, have never been updated. So well done and thank you.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All, this mod can now also be found on http://vasl.info/extensions.htm

And you can always find a WIP version here (currently v1.1, I've added a few more things): https://asl-players.net/advanced-squad-leader-files-vmod/

Again, note this doesn't replace the default charts, just adds another top level tab with this set of charts beneath that.

Hi Neal, great work. Able and willing to add the IIFT and table numbers to the various “official“ charts? Cheers
By table numbers do you mean the rule section number? I've added those.

The IIFT is just so big. I'd consider adding it at the end of the day, but it's not high on my list right now.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This custom charts mod has been updated to v1.2 to now include ~40 various charts/tables. See the original post above for more details.

The most current version of this mod can always be found here: