CtR Terrain questions

Hexagoner

Reaction score
The CtR rules make it clear that Brush is Brush (not Bamboo). Totally clear, but for G.2 purposes (Fortification HIP in daytime scenarios) is the Brush considered to act like bamboo? Or is the only HIP fortification terrain on the map the light jungle?

Also, just to be clear, the Topside barracks building only has a ground floor and level 1 (no cellar). However, do the stairwell symbol mean the building outer walls are 2-1/2 levels high or 1-1/2 levels high (seems like 1-1/2).

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CtR rules make it clear that Brush is Brush (not Bamboo). Totally clear, but for G.2 purposes (Fortification HIP in daytime scenarios) is the Brush considered to act like bamboo? Or is the only HIP fortification terrain on the map the light jungle?
The only HIP fortification terrain is the Light Jungle.

Also, just to be clear, the Topside barracks building only has a ground floor and level 1 (no cellar). However, do the stairwell symbol mean the building outer walls are 2-1/2 levels high or 1-1/2 levels high (seems like 1-1/2).
1-1/2.

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Rick, I'm not sure the first answer is correct. See G1.632. It sounds like PB can set up HIP in Brush also?

Also, for the Topside barracks and other roofless level 1.5 bldgs. - is the ground floor just a normal building (i.e. no debris)?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick, I'm not sure the first answer is correct. See G1.632. It sounds like PB can set up HIP in Brush also?
You are correct. Japanese PBs can.

Also, for the Topside barracks and other roofless level 1.5 bldgs. - is the ground floor just a normal building (i.e. no debris)?
Yes. The level 1 is just a normal building as well, except for the exceptions due to the fact that roof is missing (e.g., firing mortars, AA Guns, Indirect Fire, etc.) The debris symbology in a roofless building is purely for aesthetic purposes and has no impact on the game.