CtR Paradrop Confusion

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Sarge,

The only reason to drop the 37LLs is that on CG Day 2 per footnote 'a' of the Purchase table US player may elect to have any 11 , 14 ,G 1 ,or G2 RG arrive via para drop instead of on map or of board entry, at 1 CPP less than normal.

Being the CG miser that I am, if I can get it for less I'll buy it :)

I think the elegant solution to the issue would be to delete 'G1' from the RGs that you buy for less turn 2.

I think using a large shoot for the 75s is the way to go.

I'll pulling small shoots for all 3 turns of drops at the same time. I'm traveling to play this so I have a small plano with the US purchases sorted by wings.
As another followup....to maintain "fog" for the pack chute... since the large chutes "drop" differently than the small chutes, I would go ahead during play and just use a small chute for the pack gun. If "fog" for the SW/guns is not a big deal, then use the large chute counter. Just remember, when it comes time to "flip" the counters, you will need to replace the large one for a small one anyway since large chute counters have "No Move" on the backs....kinda obvious which is the gun...plus, large chutes "drop" differently than small ones as far as drifting and when one large chute acts different from all the others it kinda lets the cat out of the bag so to speak. Just stuff to consider.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Once the howitzer chute counter is recovered, the possessing unit must spend one full player turn TI in reassembling the gun prior to its use
On chapter H, it is one complete Game Turn. So, what you suggest is quicker.
Since the paradropping of this gun requires a 5/8" chute counter, I guess it follows the rules for 5/8" chute counter.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I shortened the assembly time to one player turn on purpose. Since the loads were dropped from an extremely low altitude (300 - 500 feet) as opposed to the normal drop altitude (1000 to 2500 feet) the gun's pieces landed in one very small spot since they were bundled together. There were at least two incidents reported where the para crews gathered the pieces, assembled them, and had the guns in action in a matter of minutes....far less time than normal. Tried to reflect that with the shortened "assembly" time spent TI. According to the official Chapter H notes it uses a 1/2 ich counter.....but we used a 5/8 since it represented up to nine chutes bundled. To me, a 1/2 inch counter just didn't seem right. MMP's Chapter H notes reflect a typical para drop. The one on Corregidor was anything but typical. Designer's prerogative There is also at least one incident where they gathered the pieces, hauled them by hand up to the second story of a building, reassembled the gun, and used it to direct fire at a Japanese HMG position that had an entire company pinned down near the Parade Grounds. I assumed the HMG could not be targeted from a ground position is why they hauled it upstairs.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thank you for the explanation.
But how is handled the landing of the 5/8 chute counter?
Like a small chute counter since the gun is a weapon?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Treat it like any dropped weapon......the use of a 5/8 inch counter just seemed to more accurately represent the nine chutes used for this.