CtR-9 60mm Mtr Q

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The US receives 3x dm 60mm Lt. Mtr. Can these be exchanged for US Ord. Note 1 OBA? If yes, can a field phone be selected?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The US receives 3x dm 60mm Lt. Mtr. Can these be exchanged for US Ord. Note 1 OBA? If yes, can a field phone be selected?
As per US Ordnance Note 1, yes it can be exchanged for an OBA module and you can select a radio or field phone. No SBR needed. Personally I found a lot more options were available in keeping the three mortar counters rather than exchanging them for OBA.....pull two red chits right away and you are toast. That's just me though.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As per US Ordnance Note 1, yes it can be exchanged for an OBA module and you can select a radio or field phone. No SBR needed. Personally I found a lot more options were available in keeping the three mortar counters rather than exchanging them for OBA.....pull two red chits right away and you are toast. That's just me though.
Yeah, those three ROF3 and 4 FP beauties are nothing to be thrown away at the vagaries of an OBA draw pile IME either. Playing against them, I HATE those U.S. Lt Mtrs!:oops:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
How many scenarios are there where this is even an option? 3 60mm mortars is not a common sight in OBs.

I don't recall ever having seen the option exercised.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
How many scenarios are there where this is even an option? 3 60mm mortars is not a common sight in OBs.

I don't recall ever having seen the option exercised.
It's an option in Sea of Tranquility [72]. What makes the option less interesting in that scenario is that a HE Concentration FFE of < 70mm is not a Hindrance, and in 1944 the 60mm does not have WP.

JR

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, those three ROF3 and 4 FP beauties are nothing to be thrown away at the vagaries of an OBA draw pile IME either. Playing against them, I HATE those U.S. Lt Mtrs!:oops:
There are some* advantages to the OBA version...in 1945 you won't run out of WP, barring double red. Also in a scenario with a high enemy SAN (5 in the case of my question) you are mitigating some enemy SAN.

In any case the G17.5 point JR noted makes my question moot. I think ASL Sarge missed this.