CSME 1.02 - AAR - Battlefields of Old (vs Greg)

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Battlefields of Old - Turn 12

Here is the overall situation at Fort Cappuzo Musa'id. Looks like my infantry attack is going well in the north and I am advancing from the fort towards the southern extremeties of Musa'id.

To the north of Musa'id, my couple tank companies and supporting infantry are closing in on securing the main road into the town from the north. Hopefully that will prevent any reinforcements from arriving.

At Musa'id, I am having to use smoke already to protect my advance. I am too far away from the edge of the town to be effective.

Fortunately, the Fort Cappuzo position is very secure and I am about to advance north to join the assault at Musa'id.

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Battlefields of Old - Turn 14

It appears I skipped Turn 13 screenshots, so here is Turn 14.

While my advance from Fort Cappuzo is going well, running into very little resistance, my inital infantry assault on Musa'id turned into a disaster. I lost quite a few men in the botched attempt. My own fault as the attack was rushed and I failed to cover my advance with smoke.

To the north of Musa'id, I ran into resistance and a fortified area. I lost a tank, so decided to swing further north.

Advancing even further north, a reconnaissance element is scoping out what is ahead. I had noticed a Mi-8 helicopter flight where the H is marked on the screenshot. I don't believe they are heavily armed, but will have to be cautious nevertheless.

Here is a 3D view of the advance from the south. You can see the remnants of the infantry assault to the northeast in the screenshot. The rest of the formation is spread out in order to minimize any artillery strikes.

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Battlefields of Old - Turn 15

A side adventure is taking a small reconnaissance element and advancing it around the far west. Sidi Omar is a small oasis in the southwest corner of the map. I don't expect to find any Libyan's here, but who knows!

Here is a Jump Map of the area I am talking about.

To the west of Fort Cappuzo, my light reconnaissance vehicles are coming out of the desert and have found a road.

I am advancing out of Fort Cappuzo, the Libyans are retreating north that I can see.

My initial assault on Musa'id failed, so I am now attempting a second assault from the south.

Here is a 3D view of the advance.

To the north, I am finding various Libyan fortified positions that I am skirting around.

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Battlefields of Old - Turn 16

Assaulting Musa'id from the south using some smoke. Hopefully this will be enough to cover my advance into the lower areas of the town.

Here is the 3D view of my assault. You can see the infantry upfront with the various tanks providing cover fire.

To the north of Musa'id, I am proceeding well with the attempt to cut off the main entry route.

Here is a zoom out of the assault on Musa'id and the overall position of my forces. Yo ucan see me swinging a larger group north along the border. Whethere I should have left this force at the town has yet to be determined.

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Battlefields of Old - Turn 17

Here is an overview of my assault on Musa'id. I am going to assault from the East as well with a few straggler's that were left over from the first failed assault. I am in the outskirts of the town.

Here is the 3D view of my assault. You can see a mixed force defending the town, infantry, machine guns and tanks.

A Jump Map revealing my overall positions. You can see the red dots in the far north as they try and make their way as far north as they can. There are Libyans everywhere though.

Here is a 2D screenshot of the advance to the north. I am determined to take that bunker complex near the top of the screen - for no apparent tactical reason on my part. Obsess much?

And a 2D screenshot of the two tank companies trying to break their way north.