CS and XP - The How To Thread

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Warhero said:
Hey, I just noticed from one Finnish game board that announced that "if you use 1.02 patch, you must remove DG.ICD from your game folder". Well I just checked that my DG had not that file at all!!!??? Hmm weird isn't it? What I can do now? Reinstall game once again?

If the Divided Ground install is fresh (meaning you have not played any scenarios or campaigns from it yet) there will NOT be a .ICD file.

Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Warhero

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Yes I have saved one game but there is no any *.ICD file anyway :nervous: ... Is it necessary to get everyting work well? If I checked right, my Eastern Front has not EF.ICD (I have saved many games there) too... Hmm any advices?

Warhero

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I did experiment. I did image about DG and loaded into virtual CD drive. As I clicked that dg.exe in main folder, came "Please take correct cd into cd drive" :( ... Isn't it meant that this virtual drive is same thing as cd? Why it still asks that damn cd :surprise: ???

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Warhero said:
Yes I have saved one game but there is no any *.ICD file anyway :nervous: ... Is it necessary to get everyting work well? If I checked right, my Eastern Front has not EF.ICD (I have saved many games there) too... Hmm any advices?
I wouldn't be concerned with it if you can't find it. If you sort the folder by File Type and can't see an .ICD file, it's obviously not present so should not affect your installation.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Warhero said:
I did experiment. I did image about DG and loaded into virtual CD drive. As I clicked that dg.exe in main folder, came "Please take correct cd into cd drive" :( ... Isn't it meant that this virtual drive is same thing as cd? Why it still asks that damn cd :surprise: ???
I would highly recommend reading the manual for the virtual drive software to ensure you are installing and using it properly.

I have never used, nor know how to use.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

PhilVet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
EIF and Rising Sun Gold install and when I insert one of the disks I can launch the games. But after I select a scenario and start to play it I receive a message telling me to insert the correct CD-ROM. I have Windows XP Media Edition.

ArmyPhil@peoplepc.com

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to be too obvious- but are you selecting a scenario that pertains to the disc you have in the drive? You will still need RS gold disc in to play any RS game, and the same goes for the other 2- you'll need the disc relavant to the scenario. If it's telling you to put in the right disc, even though you already have the right disc in- than that's a job for Jason Petho, who will likely be around here shortly. Keep checking back. Good luck!

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
PhilVet said:
EIF and Rising Sun Gold install and when I insert one of the disks I can launch the games. But after I select a scenario and start to play it I receive a message telling me to insert the correct CD-ROM. I have Windows XP Media Edition.

ArmyPhil@peoplepc.com

Did you install the games from the primary CD drive?

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

PhilVet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Abatis said:
Not to be too obvious- but are you selecting a scenario that pertains to the disc you have in the drive? You will still need RS gold disc in to play any RS game, and the same goes for the other 2- you'll need the disc relavant to the scenario. If it's telling you to put in the right disc, even though you already have the right disc in- than that's a job for Jason Petho, who will likely be around here shortly. Keep checking back. Good luck!
If I insert the West Front CD & it auto starts & asks me if i want to run West Front, then how can i select a scenario from either East front II or Rising Sun. Is this obvious to you Abatis?

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
PhilVet said:
If I insert the West Front CD & it auto starts & asks me if i want to run West Front, then how can i select a scenario from either East front II or Rising Sun. Is this obvious to you Abatis?

With the West Front CD in the CD-ROM, you can only play West Front scenarios. If you have the East Front disc in the CD_ROM, you can only play East Front scenarios.

There is no way of doing otherwise, without using some form of image software.

Hope that helps.
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

PhilVet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know if I have the Wf disk in i can only play WF scenarios & campaigns. The same goes for EFII & RS. But I keep getting the message To insert the correct CD-ROM after I luanch the game, pick ascenario to play and then start the scenario.
Again Windows XP Media Edition. Also I've tried all compatabity settings & modes.

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
PhilVet said:
I know if I have the Wf disk in i can only play WF scenarios & campaigns. The same goes for EFII & RS. But I keep getting the message To insert the correct CD-ROM after I luanch the game, pick ascenario to play and then start the scenario.
Again Windows XP Media Edition. Also I've tried all compatabity settings & modes.
Then, as noted previously, I believe it is a installation issue. Was it from your primary CD drive that you installed the games from? Do you have more than on CD/DVD drive?

I've run into this before and that was the issue.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

PhilVet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I changed the drive letters and installed West Front & Rising Sun. When I start WF, I choose a scenario and i get a WF.icd error. I start Rising Sun and play a scenario it starts but when i click the first turn message box the screen goes black. I've tried different display modes but no luck. I haven't installed East front Ii.

PhilVet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got all 3 games installed and running. I disabled all the spyware when I run the games and disabled visual themes
for Rising Sun. Thanks to everyone!

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
PhilVet said:
I've got all 3 games installed and running. I disabled all the spyware when I run the games and disabled visual themes
for Rising Sun. Thanks to everyone!

Great to hear, Phil! Enjoy your gaming!

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CJMello said:
Jason, have you seen Mike Sheppard around anywhere?
No, I haven't seen Mike around in awhile, although when I return home I'll go through my emails and see if I have an address for you.

Hope you're doing well!
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

CJMello

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, haven't heard from him in awhile too. Saw him about 5 years ago when I was on a detail in his town.

I thought it was just you and him still playing the CS.

CJMello

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PhilVet said:
I changed the drive letters and installed West Front & Rising Sun. When I start WF, I choose a scenario and i get a WF.icd error. I start Rising Sun and play a scenario it starts but when i click the first turn message box the screen goes black. I've tried different display modes but no luck. I haven't installed East front Ii.

From what I remember. If you load up WF and play it you will create this file (WF.icd). You must delete it before you patch or you will get this error. If you do a fresh install and then patch without playing you should not get this error.

For starters you could remove the file and then try repatching. If it still isn't right try a fresh install, patch, then play.

I loaded up RS for a few memories tonight.