CS and Vista??

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Have there been any attempts to get CS to run on Vista? and if so what patches or files need to be download and applied so that it will run correctly? Thanks!

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Unfortunately, the Talonsoft CS does not work on Vista.
Fortunately...
Jason Petho
... = omitting the advertisement.

Re: Vista and the Talonsoft CS games not working- is incorrect, as they do work under Vista.

Although you get a big white area while scrolling- that ends when your scrolling does- however, all of the campaign series games work under Vista. Since there never was the equivalent of 'alternate scrolling' like found in the Battleground 32 bit patches, this particular bug never got fixed.

I didn't mess around with the set up program but simply copied and pasted the disk files to an appropriately named set of folders on the hard drive.

While that is not meant that the scrolling bug isn't an annoyance- they do work; I got all the titles, including Divided Ground.

Last edited:

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
... = omitting the advertisement.

Re: Vista and the Talonsoft CS games not working- is incorrect, as they do work under Vista.

Although you get a big white area while scrolling- that ends when your scrolling does- however, all of the campaign series games work under Vista. Since there never was the equivalent of 'alternate scrolling' like found in the Battleground 32 bit patches, this particular bug never got fixed.

I didn't mess around with the set up program but simply copied and pasted the disk files to an appropriately named set of folders on the hard drive.

While that is not meant that the scrolling bug isn't an annoyance- they do work; I got all the titles, including Divided Ground.

You managed to have armour to fire at other armour properly?

How?

Hope you're well
Jason Petho

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I wasn't aware that there were any problems -as I was not ever that big of a fan of this series when they came out.

I'd be interested in knowing more; the little I found on some vistaready message board didn't provide examples of how those files were being read incorrectly; when I'd installed the 4 and tried them the other day something like that would not have been readily apparent.

Edited to add: - I went back to see if maybe I'd missed a thread here on that - I was not able to find one.

Last edited:

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
All of the Talonsoft versions install fine.

The problem arises when you try and fire at hard targets, all the hard target values are 0 for some reason. Soft target values work fine though, so you can still play infantry vs infantry fights.

As soon as an armoured vehicle is introduced though, there is no way to disrupt/reduce/destroy it.

The JTCS version corrects this problem.

Jason Petho

Last edited:

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Hi Jason

Somewhere between this form and and the post at Matrix there was instructions on eliminating the screen flash when scrolling. Unfortunately I can't find it.

Can you help?
Big Ivan