CS and TC for AFV...

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am curious about rule D 5.5 and 5.6

5.5 Is immobilization TC's. What value is this TC of an inherant crew of an AFV? I don't see a value?

If a vehicle is shocked but not immobilized and gets hit by a gun that has no effect - other than hitting it - does any roll need to be made ?

If the vehicle was instead immobilised and the shot could have had an effect [other than killing it] on a DR < 6 then a TC is made, correct. And this is the morale of the crew - which is ?

5.6 Crew survival

Here an example is easiet to do. A halftrack gets KIA'd but not burning and is carrying passangers. What roll does the crew and the passangers have to take in order to pass.

D 6.9 states:

" The efects of CS also apply to passangers/riders of a vehicle destroyed other than by CC or burning. Each unit makes a individual DR to determine its own fate.... "

Thus for a 7 morale crew this individual DR is likley to be about a 3 for a HT , correct ( I don't have the eact figures)?

Thanks for any help..

:)

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
and

ohh and any PRC have the save value ( CS#) as on the back of the AFV counter, sometimes as low as 2.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Oberst Balck said:
5.5 Is immobilization TC's. What value is this TC of an inherant crew of an AFV? I don't see a value?
D5.1
All armed vehicles are manned by an Inherent crew which is not represented by a crew counter until it leaves the vehicle. While inside an AFV, the crew checks morale with a Morale Level equal to that of its nationality's best unbroken elite Infantry MMC; Inherent crews of unarmored vehicles take MC with a Morale Level equal to that crew nationality's best unbroken 1st Line Infantry.

Does this answer your question?

Oberst Balck said:
If a vehicle is shocked but not immobilized and gets hit by a gun that has no effect - other than hitting it - does any roll need to be made ?
No.

Oberst Balck said:
If the vehicle was instead immobilised and the shot could have had an effect [other than killing it] on a DR < 6 then a TC is made, correct. And this is the morale of the crew - which is ?
Yes, you roll a TC - see above for ML of crew.

Oberst Balck said:
Here an example is easiet to do. A halftrack gets KIA'd but not burning and is carrying passangers. What roll does the crew and the passangers have to take in order to pass.
You mean the HT was destroyed (KIA is an IFT result)?
Roll for survival, using CS# of the HT, for every infantry unit in the HT. No other DR is required.
D 5.6
Surviving PRC (see 6.9) are not subject to any Collateral Attack from the shot/FP that destroyed their vehicle, and can be subject to Residual FP attack during that phase only if the Residual FP was not the cause/result of their vehicle's destruction.

Oberst Balck said:
D 6.9 states:
" The effects of CS also apply to passangers/riders of a vehicle destroyed other than by CC or burning. Each unit makes a individual DR to determine its own fate.... "

Thus for a 7 morale crew this individual DR is likley to be about a 3 for a HT , correct ( I don't have the eact figures)?
CS has nothing to do with the PRC's morale.
It is a value you find on the wreck side of the vehicle counter, that applies to every CS DR - only modification of DR is DRM +1 if Shock/Stun - cf. D 5.6

Hope I helped a little... :cool:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I moved your thread to the "Rules & Errata" section, as it is better here...:rolleyes:

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Balck

See D5.1 for ML of Crews.
CS applies for both Passengers/Riders and Crews as separate DRs when a vehicle is destroyed by other than CC/Burning.
+1 for the CS DR if under Shock or Stun but that is only true for Crews and Riders, not Passengers.

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Right....

Ookkkkkk

The message I'm getting is "Better 1 squad "in the bush" than 3 squads loaded on HT's" once the shots get fired.

ALL PRC are required to take the CS# on the back of the counter - frequently less than ML - for an non- KIA, CC or burning result.

Wow that's bad, I mean b a d ....

Thanks

:)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You can now understand why the US called their halftracks "Purple Heart Boxes"... :eek: