Crysis Remake of Stalker

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From PC Gamer:

Modders recreating STALKER in Cryengine 2

A brave Russian mod team has challenged themselves to port the whole of GSC’s survival horror, STALKER, into Crysis’ more advanced engine. The project’s called Cryzone – Sector 23, and is far along enough for the team to have released a video of the mod in action. You’ll find the video embedded below.

The mod is the work of a team called World of Stalker. It’s still a work in progress, but famous elements from the STALKER series are already in there, including the bleak landscapes, anomalies, and groups of terse Russian men sitting around campfires.
[video=youtube;EDQBin1LgvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDQBin1LgvQ[/video]

...and I just got my nephew hooked on Stalker today. :D

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
It's hard to tell from that video how this mod compares to STALKER: Clear Sky in overall visual quality. It does look good, but it looks so similar to the original I would have to see it in action to get a better idea.

These guys have their work cut out for them. STALKER is a huge game and it will take a lot of time and effort to port the entire game over to a new engine. If they pull it off I just might try it.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is hard to judge from this vid because it is a WiP, but to me this Crysis mod seems too clean. Stalker - particularly Stalker Complete - has a wonderful graphical quality where everything seems truly old and abandoned. The graphics in this mod seem too crisp and clean. And sunny.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't like seeing the play aids for headshots (the red x) or the thing pointing out where a grenade was thrown. Overall it doesn't look so bad. I do realize the weather in the original was quite terrible compared to the video but it's been a while since I've played the game.