Cruise to play von Stauffenberg; family not thrilled.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Scientology doesn't enter into it.

Even before I opened the thread, the whole reason for the film and the chosen actor smelled rancid.

I'm ok with Cruise in a lot of his films, guy's a fricking loonie tune in his real world (why does the phrase look wrong) life though.

But the idea of him making this film interesting? get real. Actually, I suspect I wouldn't find this film interesting regardless of actor chosen.

Sorry, but the event is to me about a clod that couldn't figure out how to intelligently plant an explosive. Hitler lived because the man could understand the worth of a massive table in blast deflection.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The bomb plot also failed as the meeting took place in a different room than planned (I believe it was supposed to take place in a bunker but it actually took place in a breakfast room or something), meaning the bomb was much less effective as the windows couldn't contain the explosion as a sealed bunker would have. Plus Stauffenberg only managed to take half of the explosives into the meeting with him.

Last edited:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This might make Hollywood mad...

But, there are a lot of films that I see the trailers for and I think,
Gee, this MIGHT be worth renting but NOT worth seeing at the theatre.

This film is one of those.

IF they used a no name actor ie kept the budget low, and I got a gut sense that they were more interested in the history rather than the hype, than I'd be more than intrigued.

But Tom Cruise? Get real....

Mark DV
GR MICH

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some think there may be a link between the Church of Scientology and the financing of this film.

Would you refrain from seeing it if so?

United Press International - NewsTrack - Anti-Hitler hero's family anti-Cruise
I went to the Church of scientology once and they tried to brainwash me (true story). Something about removing your "engrams", lots of repeating and recounting stressful situations. They had this office set up (separated by a velvet rope, set up the way L. Ron Hubbard liked it) just in case old L. Ron came back from the dead and stopped by Chicago for a visit.There were pictures of Hubbard, A bust of Hubbard, Books by Hubbard, weirder than weird. There were some hot chicks there who I thought they used to lure people in. In my humble opinion these people are absolutely out of their minds. They tried to get me back for years after that, talked to everybody at my house, wanted me to start up a church in Naperville. Kooko for cocopuffs. Now that one of them is going to read this post, I can expect to get blacklisted and harassed by them for the rest of my life. You want to screw with me? Go to the back of the line.
The real question here is: Who is going to play Adolf? Mel Gibson? Kramer?
Cruise is going to look like Malcom's brother Francis' teacher. I would like to see either Anthony Hopkins or Kevin Spacy as der Fuhrer. John Goodman could be Goering. Steve Boshimbee could be Himmler and Carrot Top could be Rommel (that way Carrot Top will be killed).

Who is going to be Hollywoods gratuitist love interest (like they threw into 'Enemy at the gates)? I want to see Holly Berry as Eva Braun.
Bob

Ever see 'The Producers'?
Hitler:"How's it going Baby?"
advisor:"We invaded Poland"
Hitler: "Alriiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!"

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went to the Church of scientology once and they tried to brainwash me (true story). Something about removing your "engrams", lots of repeating and recounting stressful situations. They had this office set up (separated by a velvet rope, set up the way L. Ron Hubbard liked it) just in case old L. Ron came back from the dead and stopped by Chicago for a visit.There were pictures of Hubbard, A bust of Hubbard, Books by Hubbard, weirder than weird. There were some hot chicks there who I thought they used to lure people in. In my humble opinion these people are absolutely out of their minds. They tried to get me back for years after that, talked to everybody at my house, wanted me to start up a church in Naperville. Kooko for cocopuffs. Now that one of them is going to read this post, I can expect to get blacklisted and harassed by them for the rest of my life. You want to screw with me? Go to the back of the line.
"
Did you tell them right away that you didn't have any money? :shock:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you tell them right away that you didn't have any money? :shock:
Yes, I made sure to bring no money and let my family know where I was going. Dianetics dianshemtics I say.

clear this engram you 'auditor' you,
Bob

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I.
The real question here is: Who is going to play Adolf? Mel Gibson? Kramer?
Cruise is going to look like Malcom's brother Francis' teacher. I would like to see either Anthony Hopkins or Kevin Spacy as der Fuhrer. John Goodman could be Goering. Steve Boshimbeecould be Himmler
you mean Steve Buscemi?:p

and Carrot Top could be Rommel (that way Carrot Top will be killed).
That might make it worth the price of a ticket!!!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Waste of MONEY

Instead of making THIS movie, maybe the investors in "Hollyweed" just might invest the money into something more productive.....

Like save the World.... Greenpeace..... MMP.....?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think its a shame this is being done in English and not by the Germans. I saw "Downfall" last year and thought it was so good a film that having a non-German speaking actor play Adolf would be difficult from then on.