Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

How did you like this scenario?

We are debating between this and BFP93 for a long ASLOK game. I prefer BFP93 (very slightly) and my buddy BFP86 (very slightly) so looking for some input from those who have played one or the other.

Sorry for OT post, but at least its about a scenario mentioned in the thread <SMILE>

Peace

Roger
I've played BFP-93. It's interesting, but extremely static for the defense.

S

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played Rothenberg as the Germans with The Bishop. There is a lot of German firepower to bear and the Russian has to do some damage to blunt the attack. I recall Jim had a key gun malf/then a '6" repair and other marginal luck that didn't help his cause. It was reasonably close to a point, but the Germans were able to eventually overwhelm the Russians and exit adequate EVP to win fairly comfortably.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I played Rothenberg as the Germans with The Bishop. There is a lot of German firepower to bear and the Russian has to do some damage to blunt the attack. I recall Jim had a key gun malf/then a '6" repair and other marginal luck that didn't help his cause. It was reasonably close to a point, but the Germans were able to eventually overwhelm the Russians and exit adequate EVP to win fairly comfortably.
I just do not see the Russians having the ability to stop the Germans if they use an exit strategy. Even if the Germans blow off their VP objective and give the Russian their VP objectives (pretty much a wash). The Germans have to exit more than the lose CVP wise for the win.

You going to ASLOK this year?

Peace

Roger

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately not, Roger. A couple things scheduled for that week a long while ago. I will definitely miss it and it would have been a nice way to ease back into the ASL groove after a bit of an ASL hiatus for me. Next year!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Added a new Q&A.

Q. If a unit sets a DC in an A-T Ditch with Wire, and then successfully Breaches, is the Wire eliminated also?

A. A detonated Set DC is resolved on the 36 FP column of the IFT with a -3 DRM and no TEM vs. the AT Ditch, and all other units in the location would be attacked at half FP (16 FP). The Wire would be removed if the attack results in a final KIA on the 16 FP column (DR <= 6 required).

New errata files posted below (Eff. date 2012-11-16)
View attachment 38213
View attachment 38214

Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A couple of minor issues impacting the errata file but not the sticky errata.

1. "BFP-83 SBR 1: The last sentence should read, "Roads DW-4 (I1-K4) and DW-4 (Y1-W6) does not exist."

‘DO” would be correct, not “DOES”

2. "The black German Pz T34/M41® counters should have a red B11."

We intended (r) not® its an auto MS Word typo.

New errata files posted below (Eff. date 2013-1-3)
View attachment 38706
View attachment 38707

Rick

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not so much an errata question, but not worth a separate thread...

Received CoS on Friday (thanks BattleSchool). Awesomeness. But are the black SS counters required for playing the CoS SS scenarios? Or are they chrome for those who are in to goth?

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not so much an errata question, but not worth a separate thread...

Received CoS on Friday (thanks BattleSchool). Awesomeness. But are the black SS counters required for playing the CoS SS scenarios? Or are they chrome for those who are in to goth?
I believe those are replacements of the white core BtB counters.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There are a few on the Cobra replacement sheet, but there's a whole whack of them (infantry/ordnance/vehicles) in the CoS sheets. I think that the black SS are also in the mix in German Grey. Some scenarios lay out a complete black SS OOB. I guess my question is: can those scenarios be played using the Grey versions?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
No they are not replacements, only the B&J counters were replacements, you do not need to use the black ones are the are duplicates of the blue ones.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We included replacements for all of the Blood and Jungle counters, as well as the Operation Cobra counters. The Cobra counters included some SS versions, whereas the B&J counters did not have any SS included since that was all PTO.

There is no requirement to use the black SS counters since we include black and blue versions of everything anytime we make an SS counter.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No they are not replacements, only the B&J counters were replacements, you do not need to use the black ones are the are duplicates of the blue ones.
There is no requirement to use the black SS counters since we include black and blue versions of everything anytime we make an SS counter.
Thanks for the clarifications, gents.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
This may have been asked before but instead of wading through all the threads may I ask again? Will there be some 238 HS counters provided for the 548 SS squads that came in CoS? Both in black and blue.

Plus, will there ever be a release of SS 548 AE squads with the '4' smoke exponent, both in black and blue?

Thankyou.....

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I've also noticed that the BPV on the back of the German infantry units in CoS are wrong. Not in all cases. But the SS AE squads should have a BPV of 18 (just check FB). You have them at 17. The BPV of a normal 838 squad is 16; with a +1 for being an AE and a +1 for being SS. The SS 548 squads should have a BPV of 14. You have them as 13. But you got the non-SS 548 AE squads right with a BPV of 14.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, we published those counters before there were officials counters that were different. FB came out months after CoS. Sounds like we were pretty close, and given the tiny demand for BPV values we did pretty well being so close.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
This may have been asked before but instead of wading through all the threads may I ask again? Will there be some 238 HS counters provided for the 548 SS squads that came in CoS? Both in black and blue.

Plus, will there ever be a release of SS 548 AE squads with the '4' smoke exponent, both in black and blue?

Thankyou.....

Hi Sam,

I wasn't complaining, just pointing it out. It is no big deal. How about the question above regarding the 548 squads and HS? Thanks for any feedback on that.

Jan.

Well, we published those counters before there were officials counters that were different. FB came out months after CoS. Sounds like we were pretty close, and given the tiny demand for BPV values we did pretty well being so close.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
..........Yes

Thankyou.....