Crucible of Steel Errata

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recommendation was made to post the link to the BFP website location that contains all of the errata information. CoS errata and sticky notes have been updated and sync'd up with those out here on the forums. You can find it all at

http://www.boundingfire.com/support/

Rick

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please add the following to the sticky errata.

BFP4 Aircraft Notes Errata
Aircraft Example 1: Last paragraph, first line: Remove the words “with the exception of a 12”.
Aircraft Example 4: Page 15, first column, first paragraph, sixth line: Change the signs on the TK# modifications to read, “(Base TK# 8; -2 Aerial AF, +1 Aerial Advantage)”. The Final TK# 7 is correct.
Aircraft Example 5, second paragraph: Add the “+1 Firer is GA” for the IL-2's attack, changing the net DRM to +3.

BFP4 Magazine Errata
Page 30, second column, 6th line from the bottom: Replace the sentence, “The attack will be conducted on the 8 Firepower column with 0 DRM; the P9 Orchard prevents this attack from being FFMO.”, with, “The attack will be conducted on the 4 firepower column with 0 DRM.”.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please add the following to the sticky errata.

BFP4 Aircraft Notes Errata
Aircraft Example 1: Last paragraph, first line: Remove the words “with the exception of a 12”.
Aircraft Example 4: Page 15, first column, first paragraph, sixth line: Change the signs on the TK# modifications to read, “(Base TK# 8; -2 Aerial AF, +1 Aerial Advantage)”. The Final TK# 7 is correct.
Aircraft Example 5, second paragraph: Add the “+1 Firer is GA” for the IL-2's attack, changing the net DRM to +3.

BFP4 Magazine Errata
Page 30, second column, 6th line from the bottom: Replace the sentence, “The attack will be conducted on the 8 Firepower column with 0 DRM; the P9 Orchard prevents this attack from being FFMO.”, with, “The attack will be conducted on the 4 firepower column with 0 DRM.”.
Ask and ye shall receive. Sticky errata in post #1 updated to include the aircraft notes and magazine errata.

Rick

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, your are CHIEF MINION....oh, you didn't mean a raise in your title then? :crosseye:
Sam wants to be the "Productive Minion"....

That is SUPPOSED to be a "paid" position by the "Texas Workforce Commission", or so he THINKS it is.....

Thanks Sam for ALL the work you do, even if you are still WAITING for the pay-checks to be "funded".....

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
BFP-86 Panzer Regiment Rothenburg: The Russian OB features a ZP obr 39 (85mm AA gun). As depicted on the card, the AA gun has no ROF. As depicted in the ASLRB (Russian ordnance note 27), it has a ROF of 2. I looked for a new counter or vehicle note inside the CoS product and see no new counter or note so I assume this is an error on the card. -- jim

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP-86 Panzer Regiment Rothenburg: The Russian OB features a ZP obr 39 (85mm AA gun). As depicted on the card, the AA gun has no ROF. As depicted in the ASLRB (Russian ordnance note 27), it has a ROF of 2. I looked for a new counter or vehicle note inside the CoS product and see no new counter or note so I assume this is an error on the card. -- jim
Thanks for catching that Jim. You are correct. Errata and attached files in Post #1 have been updated.

Rick

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for catching that Jim. You are correct. Errata and attached files in Post #1 have been updated.

Rick
No worries Rick. Just wanted to make sure. I am playing this one now via VASL. I will post an AAR and some comments on it when I am through. My opponent only looked at the card and was surprised to find it had a ROF of 2. -- jim

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In reveiwing the BFP.mdx extension for VASL we discovered a piece of errata associated with the Russian Vehicle Notes.

Russian Churchill III(b) counter image: The “*” should be removed from in front the 57L MA designation.

Attachments in Post #1 have been updated.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New counter errata.

The black German Pz T34/M41(r) counters should have a red B11.

Post #1 updated.

Rick

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
HBR Rule 3.2

"LOS is affected normally." What does this mean for units in P:7 and P8? Can they see each other? B23.25 does not apply, and I could not find anything in the LS rules A6.

regards

Bill

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HBR Rule 3.2

"LOS is affected normally." What does this mean for units in P:7 and P8? Can they see each other? B23.25 does not apply, and I could not find anything in the LS rules A6.

regards

Bill
The units in P7 and P8 can see each other. I would refer you to Figure 3 on page 9 of the CoS magazine for an example that will hopefully address your questions.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have new errata for CoS.

BFP-93: Invert the image for board BFP N on the scenario card. The shading and label location are correct.

Errata notes and sticky errata tied to post #1 have been updated.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Couple of Q&A have been added.

Q. In BFP-93, SSR2 fortification purchases, it says the max that may be purchased is in parentheses. With mines it states (AP/AT) (60/20). Does this mean the max that may be purchased is 60 AP or its equivalent 20AT total, or can you buy up to 60 AP mines AND 20AT mines.
A. You can buy the max of both AP and AT mines.

Q. If the CoS HBR are in play, the slopes are meaningless unless there is also a hillock in play, correct?
A. Slopes are always in play when using the BFP boards.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

How did you like this scenario?

We are debating between this and BFP93 for a long ASLOK game. I prefer BFP93 (very slightly) and my buddy BFP86 (very slightly) so looking for some input from those who have played one or the other.

Sorry for OT post, but at least its about a scenario mentioned in the thread <SMILE>

Peace

Roger